• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Xforce TNT B biased output tests done!

psycho

Running a special on our rooms!
Aug 25, 2006
Floriduh
Tested 2 units on the base today for a local. 100 amp power supply regulated to 14 volts for the test.

2 almost brand new TNT T600HDs (4 x 2879)......one with DEI transistors and the other with the Toshibas.
The test was done with a 1 pill and 2 pill as a driver for both amps. BTW the Toshiba option costs an extra $120.

I didn't see any difference between the 2 of them, wattage wise.....maybe 20 watts peak.....is that worth $120 extra? No point posting wattage output numbers since they are meaningless in this test, we all know what a competition 4 pill does.

Last edited:

They are by no means a key down amp. They do work well if not over volted and over driven. I see about 600-750 pep on ssb with 65-80 watts of input from a magnum 257hp. Clean and clear by all reports. Ran at 13.8vdc. Toshiba 2879's. Maybe 3-5 years old. Clean built amp mine is. Looks brand new still as it wasn't used very much, when I received it, it had been keyed up maybe 20 times with a magnum 257 non hp version. Like said, mine gets great audio reports on ssb from everyone I have made Contact with including my local ears. But to buy one new Idk. They are getting right expensive! Wouldn't dream of running this thing at 18vdc. The transistors may hold, but the fan and other components would probably smoke. What are your experiences thus far psycho? I wouldn't mind knowing.

They weren't mine, but they both work great. Both amps fell short of the 1000 advertised watts, but they were close enough. As far as I am concerned the preamp is a waste of space.
Good working amps but driving the snot out of them to get close to the rated output might become expensive!!!!!!!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.