• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

YAESU 990 and running MD-1 Microphone

TonyV225

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 18, 2005
Wisconsin
I want to know if theres a setting for the up and down buttons how they function on the MD-1 Microphone when using it on my FT-990 as far as using the memory channels. On both of my FT-840 radios when memory is selected I can use the up down channel buttons to scan through memory channels but on my FT-990 when I push the up down buttons it just changes frequencies not the whole saved channel. My FT-840's I can click through all 100 memories its nice to be able to do but that 990 its like turning the VFO Im thinking if my 840 can do it there has to be a way the 990 can be setup to do it also any help would be appreciated....Thanks Tony

well i just talked to the service department at AMatuer Electronics and well the MD-1 will not switch through the memory channels and the selector knob on the radio is the only way to switch through them so that answers that.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.