• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu FL2000B

Not sure, see the parts about 2 new tubes from RF parts. Both faulty. Have to send them back for new. Input needs adjusting, but the tubes that came with it are dead. I may order a set off ebay, the chinese ones and try out. I did a string of 6A diodes, right around 4.2V or so. Then put a 50k resistor in series with that. Use a relay to bypass it in talk mode. Fuse bias, have a 10k resistor going across fuse it it should blow. Used a .5A resistor at moment. Input is definitely high, but I think that's because tubes were beat. Not gonna mess with until new tubes arrive. Guy that originally had it put over 150W into it until tubes gave up ghost.

LOL, that's a 150W carrier into it. It was extremely stupid. but thats what happens when someone wants to get big numbers froma very little amp. Don't mind the backswing.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.