• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu FT-101 fixed crystal question

Tib2K

Jun 24, 2017
Washington State
I have just acquired 2 FT-101’s I am in the process of going through them to return them to service.

IMG_20170927_224826.jpg

In the original 101 early way under SN 25.000 there are 4 fixed channel crystal sockets on the top of the VFO inside the top cover, only 2 are wired.

IMG_20170927_220706.jpg

In the late model 101E there are only 2 on the speech processor board same location under the top cover.

IMG_20170927_220604.jpg

In the external VFO there are 4 fixed crystal sockets

FV-101B-Yaesu-VFO-_1.jpg

the front switch has spots to select VFO and each of the sockets.

fv101.jpg

Is there any documentation on radio settings to use them?

How to determine the required crystal value needed for the channel you want?

Thank you for any help you can provide!

Without looking for a manual right now, I can tell you that these crystals run at the same frequency as the VFO. They provide a fixed frequency that will be active on whatever band you select. Same as the VFO dial is active on whatever band you select.

The math is in the manual. I'll check back in later when I take a peek at the info.

Without looking for a manual right now, I can tell you that these crystals run at the same frequency as the VFO. They provide a fixed frequency that will be active on whatever band you select. Same as the VFO dial is active on whatever band you select.

The math is in the manual. I'll check back in later when I take a peek at the info.

Thank you @nomadradio (y)

I had read through so much printed unsearchable data o_O I had given up.
Your post reminded me look at the FV-101B VFO manual.

Bingo!:D

top top.png

top.png

Now to find the right crystals?

Tib

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?