• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu FT 101 Guru Needed AB7IF ?????

J

jwb01

Completely understanding the risks with this type of purchase, I recently bought a 101 off the net. Same old story (it was a seldom used backup radio in mint condition that was acquired from the son of a neighborhood ham that had passed away). The fellow that sold it to me is a ham and said that he had tested the radio prior to sending it out. The good news is that is in pristine condition cosmetically. Inside and out this radio is truly clean and nice.

While waiting for a house to be built I've been living in an apartment so I have very little for antenna choices and the mic I ordered has not shown up yet. So I have not tried to xmit.

I unpacked this thing and hooked it up to my trusty apartment antenna tuned for 11 meters for a little monitoring today and it worked pretty well. I picked up a few DXer's around 27.385.

Upon opening it I discovered crystals moved around in a strange fashion and I thought maybe someone has seen this 11 meter xmit conversion and could explain it to me.

First off there are crystals in the ch1 and ch2 slots.

ch1 the crystal is labeled 10c and is a 35.020

ch2 the crystal is labeled 26.5-27m and is a 32.520

In the 11 slot is a crystal labeled 11b

In the 10a slot is a crystal labeled 11c

In the 10b slot is a crystal labeled 10a

In the 10c slot is a crystal labeled 10b

In the 10d slot is a crystal labeled 10d

When the ch1 or ch2 is selected they are dead, however when tx ext is selected ithe vfo lamp lights up and it comes alive again.

I haven't taken it apart far enough to read the freq on the crystals inside but thought this would give someone enough info to comment.

Finals are Philips ECG 6J6S6C.

Thanks in advance for any help.

</p>

You can Contact Russel at his shop here

Rode Hog Communications

There E mail is here [email]audiotronics_usa_nz@hotmail.com[/email]

Russ is Great with the 101 Radios and has been a great help to me in the past.

It sounds like someone has switched the 10 meter crystals out to get more coverage on 11 meters, I am sure Russ can help you out with what is what.

Jeff

CDX 339

RadioActive

20031128_1300_eit_171.gif

bandeaufini.gif
</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.