• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu FT-101EE

I believe the TS-820 uses soldered in crystals for standard frequency control, except for the four fixed frequencies that you can install.

In relation to my earlier post, I was never suggesting that $350.00 is the average price of a used TS-830. However, with a little patience and not purchasing off the net (where prices continue to be inflated), you should be able to find a decent one near that price at a ham fest/swap meet.

There is no such thing as a 30 + yr old "MINT" radio.

The carbon resistors have went out of tolerance, the caps are at the end of their shelf life. Usually 20 years is the length of a electrolytic cap being functional.

Tubes are very hard to find and $50 a pair I will buy and re sale them all day long at that price.

It will be hard to find a 101 that has not passed through many owners, and mods etc etc. If you know how to read a schematic, and can repair electronic gear, and do not mind spending $$ to keep an old piece of equipment in working condition then make him an offer, as long as it will not be your primary radio everyday user. It will fail, not if but when.

It is not the best of hybrid transceivers, popular with the 11 meter crowd as they are audio monsters on AM.

If you are wanting to play Ham bands there are much better hybrids out there.

You would think they were watching these fools on fleabay. :D

I believe the TS-820 uses soldered in crystals for standard frequency control, except for the four fixed frequencies that you can install.

In relation to my earlier post, I was never suggesting that $350.00 is the average price of a used TS-830. However, with a little patience and not purchasing off the net (where prices continue to be inflated), you should be able to find a decent one near that price at a ham fest/swap meet.

Thanks for answering the question. :)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.