• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu FT-101EE

Yes I have read Ken's site, and found a few places to get used parts which I needed to bring that 820S back to life. It was literally found in the junk pile at a commercial metals scrap yard. Many hours and a few $$ later it was brought back to life then it was time to make the cosmetics back to where they should be.

I admit I have not been to a ham fest in couple of years, nothing I really need from them as the shack is full, more rigs than can be used , one for every day of the week per say.

I will look at some ham fest in the local area as if they are going for that price it will be worth it just to have it in the shack.

thanks.

The gold labeled "goldline" TS-830s are neither rare nor relatively expensive. The older silver labeled TS-830s are actually rarer, Kenwood built more golds than silver. Nevertheless, all TS-830s are about the same. Beyond the two optional CW filters that were allegedly factory installed in the golds, there is no other significant difference.

Nice TS-830s can be had for $350, sometimes less. A friend told me he saw a clean TS-830 gold go for $175 at Mullica Hill, NJ last month. He was mad, because he did not see it setting on a box under the sellers table, and some other guy standing next to him spotted it before he did. :headbang

Kenwood TS-830S HF Transceiver w/ WARC bands * PRETTY ONE * NR | eBay

If you are making the comment that the average price for TS-830 is $350.00, maybe you need to inform the market as this one is at $570.00 and still going up:pop:

I passed on one couple months back(830S)....Completely restored...New caps throughout...new VFO all the way through right down to all components not + or - 10% were changed....new INRAD RX filters..etc...
Looked like it just came out of the box....$400:headbang

He's working on another one now...smoked on 27mc...
I won't pass on that one!
All the Best
BJ

That would have been a bargain at $400.00

Speaking of old tubers, I broke out the Siltronix 1011D and was having a blast on 10 meters today.:D

Got to love it when you receive that 5-9 with unsolicited audio compliments, then you tell them you are using an old shure mic and a 35 yr old tube rig(y)

i picked up a clean 830s a few days ago,
low mileage, one lady g4 owner ( my friends mom s/k ) from new, been sitting in its box for well over 10years,
works perfect with its original caps (y)

i could have had the full lineup but i only took the radio and at-230,
i hope i don't regret leaving the speaker/ vfo / station monitor after its sold.

I avoid older radios ....I work on ICOMS all day and they are less than 10 years old ... The only "OLD" radio have is my FT-620 which I bought new in 1976 ......

Attachments

• ft620.jpeg
    ft620.jpeg
    146.9 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:
Kenwood TS-830S HF Transceiver w/ WARC bands * PRETTY ONE * NR | eBay

If you are making the comment that the average price for TS-830 is $350.00, maybe you need to inform the market as this one is at $570.00 and still going up:pop:

Ebay is not, and never will be, a good indicator of somethings market value. Things go for a ridiculous price when people get into a bidding war.I would look more at ham fests and online swap shops and see what the actual asking prices are to determine the market price before I would consider Ebay for that.

Ebay is not, and never will be, a good indicator of somethings market value. Things go for a ridiculous price when people get into a bidding war.I would look more at ham fests and online swap shops and see what the actual asking prices are to determine the market price before I would consider Ebay for that.

QTH.COM Ham Radio Classified Ads: SEARCH RESULTS - Swap amateur radio HF VHF equipment buy sell trade on line

Like this one for $595.00?

Ebay is starting to be the market standard.

Last ham fest I went to several years back the vendors were saying it will sell for XXX amount on Ebay.

QTH.COM Ham Radio Classified Ads: SEARCH RESULTS - Swap amateur radio HF VHF equipment buy sell trade on line

Like this one for $595.00?

Ebay is starting to be the market standard.

Last ham fest I went to several years back the vendors were saying it will sell for XXX amount on Ebay.

He is a rip off artist wanting to cash in. He claims it is a Goldline and then says it has no CW filters. If it was a true Goldline it would have two CW filters as well as two SSB filters unless he removed them and sold them separately which a lot of charlatans have done.

I bought a nearly mint TS-820 with matching external VFO and MC-50 mic for $400. It almost looks like it just came out of the box.Still has the original tubes which make full output.I got it at a ham fest when just the radio itself was going for that much on Ebay. Take a real good look at various items and not just radio gear and then compare the Ebay prices and hamfest/online swap shop sites and see the difference. Not everything is out of whack on Ebay but it is still not a great place to look for market value.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated