• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu FT-400D

I wonder..
New C4FM FDMA mobile rig from Yaesu.
They have this in Both Mobile and HT's soon to be released..

It seems to be Exactly the same as P25 C4FM FDMA.
(of Police/Fire etc. )

Given that...seems likely they can be used to receive many Police,Fire or Emergency services (so long as not a Trunked system)

Or is there still the issue of how Police/Fire C4FM FDMA will use their own specific NAC codes ( digital version of CTCSS & DSC codes)

Just curious..
Anyone Know ?

I wonder..
New C4FM FDMA mobile rig from Yaesu.
They have this in Both Mobile and HT's soon to be released..

It seems to be Exactly the same as P25 C4FM FDMA.
(of Police/Fire etc. )

Given that...seems likely they can be used to receive many Police,Fire or Emergency services (so long as not a Trunked system)

Or is there still the issue of how Police/Fire C4FM FDMA will use their own specific NAC codes ( digital version of CTCSS & DSC codes)

Just curious..
Anyone Know ?

Wait are you saying the radio is capable of tx / rx on p25 ?

Receive..

I have no need/desire to transmit on Police/Fire Frequency's

I don't know anyone who does either. But i will say 3 out of 5 hams here in town do p25. I was going to say if the yaesu had the capability to tx p25 that would be great but it looks like ill just have to buy a xts2500i or xts5000. Btw only p25 police fire paramedic etc close by is los angeles and simi valley

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Everything is El Dead-o. Joy!
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Please advise me to what is a good replacement mic for my SR-497HPC... Answer: 497 is "wired like Cobra", so many choices available. That radio does not need a power mic, so purchase a stock "coffin style" mic with a decent cord, like the ones that Astatic uses. The Superstar DM-507 is my go-to. https://www.ebay.com/itm/3050474478...adANq91JSiEEnz8EGqPJRBloTgEyaVsBoCtoMQAvD_BwE $12.99 + .99 cent shipping.