• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu FT-450

I haven't done that one yet. Does it just have some tabs that are kind've spring loaded maybe? Sort of the type of thing where you squeeze the shield from the sides to pop it off?

Let us know what you figure out.

New TX Freq range: 1.8-30 MHz.

Modification Procedure: The jumper JP4002 must be removed.
Disconnect the power form the radio. Remove the front panel & the large RF shield to access the CONTROL PCB. Locate the solder jumper JP4002 as shown in the attached photos. Use professional de-solder tools and technique to remove the solder and open the contacts. Reassemble the radio and power cord.

1. Press and hold [ATT/IPO], [NB], and [AGC] keys, while turning the radio on. "SMADJO" will be displayed on the LCD as the memory address at the lower right side of the display.
  2. Rotate the [DSP/SEL] knob CCW to show "TYPE" at the memory address on the display.
  3. Briefly, press the [F] key, and confirm the "F" icon lights. While the "F" icon is displayed, press the [NB] key. "t" will be displayed at the right end of the frequency display.
  4. Press and hold the [F] key for 3 seconds. A long beep will sound, the screen will clear and then the frequency will be displayed on the LCD. The procedure is complete.
To return the radio to normal Ham Band mode, do procedure (1) and (2) as above, and then follow steps (3) and (4) below.

1. Briefly, press the [F] key, and confirm the "F" icon lights. While the "F" icon is displayed, turn the VFO knob to select "A" as displayed at the right end of the frequency display.
  2. Press and hold the [F] key for 3 seconds. A long beep will sound, the screen will clear and then the frequency will be displayed on the LCD. Verify the radio will transmit in the Amateur bands only. The procedure is complete.

Attachments

• ft-450 MARS.jpg
    ft-450 MARS.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 281

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated