• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu FT-840

I see theres a few different filter options for this 840 i found them in the box they were on a piece of paper that shows options.

Filters for Yaesu FT-840

Hola TonyV225:
Give it a try at international radio,they have filters for your radio,they know as INRAD FILTERS.

xxx.qth.com/inrad- this is the link,just replace the xxx for www.

Good Luck
Tecnicoloco
CDX-171
Puerto Peñasco,Sonora,Mexico.
de vy 73

FM board is in I get transmit and recieve so all is good. And yes it was a simple idiot proof install only could plug into one spot on the board

ft 840

Ihav ethe ft 840 i boutght it when i first came out i really wanted a good beginers hf rig for freebanding, i go tthe fm filter the ssb was already installed i never got the am filter becuse i never used it on am. No wi obught a kenwood ts-2000 and the ft 840 is my back u rig it very dependable and trouble free

Yah I had a few other more advanced HF Rigs but got this one a a song anda dance price. I sold the other Rigs I had. one was a yaesu one was a kenwood. This FT-840 was basically new so I jumped on it. It had the AM filter and the stabli9zing crystal installed so I added the FM board. Ill have this one fopr the rest of my life Im sure because it is a very reliable radio from what I have read and also heard from others. I am gonna purchase another HF Rig in the future here anyways so Ill be back to 2 and thats enough Im thinkin. I should really get rid of some of these other radios I have here though.

is there a high and low power switch in these for adjusting wattage limits. I thought bob had said there was??

Thank you I was just thinking about this again lastnight and this morning here. I was gonna come in this section again and dig this up again to se what responses I would get. I remember someone Im thinking it was bob telling me that there was a switch for High low power. I thought it would be nice to do so a low drive power linear could be used safely and it would also save on the life of this HF rig... Thanks again Ill dig into this today....

hey anyone else that has an 840 or has ran one whats with the useless NB or Noise Blanker button it does nothing just like a few other models??? Whats the sense of having it even on there?? what are your thoughts on this???

Prem when I remove the cover will it be on a edge or towards the center of the board (high low RF power switch)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.