1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

Yaesu FT-857D FT-897D 857 897 Frequency modification expansion

Discussion in 'Yaesu' started by Happy_Hamer, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Vincent Kresky

Vincent Kresky New Member

I bought my 857d last year will this mod alow to transmit of cb bands?

2. Vincent Kresky

Vincent Kresky New Member

Diods?

3. 999

999 Well-Known Member

They should actually be 0 ohm resistors. I just used solder bridges when I did mine and haven't had any issues with it.

4. Flyincoyote

Flyincoyote Member

Make sure your solder tip is clean and real pointy..a magnifying glass might come in handy

5. N9TGW

N9TGW Member

The biggest issue all these years in the future is you STILL LOSE the band edge markers with mods like this

6. N9TGW

N9TGW Member

Flyincoyote, what does the magnifying glass got to do with it? he isnt doing the mod at a urinal....

7. Mudfoot

Mudfoot Elmer

I know my edges.

8. N9TGW

N9TGW Member

Even when sitting on the mike in the mobile?

9. kopcicle

kopcicle Sr. Member

I can think of several ways to recreate the band edges for at least scanning purposes if nothing else. Still it is the only way to get 60m .
    You would think that anyone that knows enough to purchase an 857 on purpose and actually knows how it works without bitching about band edges ....

10. rogermole

rogermole New Member

Thank you guys for sharing your experience with this mod, I would love to know what you guys think about this:

The previous owner of my 897D had MARS mod on and decided to remove it before selling it to me. I believe he damaged the JP1007 irreversibly .
    I'd like to show you the attached picture.
    The soldering pod of the left side of the jumper looks completely missing, and I am not sure if soldering on top of that will work to restore the mod.

mod.jpeg

I wanted to know what your take on this is....
    any help is much appreciated!!
    Cheers