• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

yaesu ft757gx

butterbean

May 26, 2010
i just received my yaesu ft 757gx it only receives fm only radio stations does not transmit when i key the mic am i doing something wrong i do not have a manual with it came from estate sale radio and fp757gx power/s and mic look ex. should i send it back or send it to some one to ck it out im in al. (35504) if i keep it who does this kind of work i gave $360.00 for this radio please i need help ??? thanks ceh35504@yahoo.com

Mind me asking this silly question but,are you familiar with a ham radio operation?

Ham radio transmitter is not plug and play like a cb radio.

The 757 needs the mic gain needs to be at 9 o'clock for starters to be tested on SSB or a little less on AM connected to a dummy load or a properlly tuned antenna for the selected frequency.

My 2 pesos
Tecnicoloco

no im not im in the last stages of taking my test for tec ticket i have a gorden west study guide a member arrl another ham member on line advised me to buy me a radio and listen to others get an idea what's going on and whare things are buying this radio on ebay my says im a 66yr.ol dumb A- - I KNOW I DID BAD but things happen i know no operators in this little town i marred a girl fr. hear and bought her a home here all my family has passed on so im adjusting i just havent made any ham friends yet

I wouldn't necessarily say you "DID BAD", but you might have done better. The '757' is a very usable radio, and like any other radio it does have some 'qwerks' that you have to live with. There are several good places that repair Yaesu radios. Don't expect cheap, necessarily, but still affordable. (In my opinion, that $400 +/- is about top-dollar for a '757', but you have to remember that I'm not a Yaesu fan.)
One possibility is to look for a 'Yaesu' forum on 'Yahoo'. There's bound to be one, and they can give better advice than I can.
Everybody makes the 'wrong' decision at least once! Don't worry about it a huge amount, just be more careful next time.
Have fun.
- 'Doc

thanks that makes me feel a little better have you ever heard of weston ham radio repair in concord ga. i email him to see it he would ck it and repair as needed the only thing i could receive is am and fm radio stations i have a maco v58 vertical antenna surely i should hear somebody thanks for the kind words carl

dont listen to these guys a 757 is a great radio.one of the only transistor ham radios that sound great out of the box on am.

aesham.com fixes radios

good luck 73s

that radio sounds the best when you crank the power control on the front up all the way and set the carrier to 25 watts with the am carrier pot on the back.yeah its a pain but sound the best this way.also turn on the procesor.

this is for am operation of course.

the power ouput will be higher when cold will come down once warmed up

thanks that makes me feel a little better have you ever heard of weston ham radio repair in concord ga. i email him to see it he would ck it and repair as needed the only thing i could receive is am and fm radio stations i have a maco v58 vertical antenna surely i should hear somebody thanks for the kind words carl

Please clarify what you mean in regards to AM and FM radio stations. I am thinking of the standard AM band at 530-1710 KHz and FM at 88-108 MHz.

The FT-757GX will receive standard AM radio stations but NOT standard FM stations. Do you mean it only works in AM and FM mode but does not work in USB, LSB or CW modes?

Sounds like you might want to download and read the manual before you do anything else. The 757 is a good radio, but as was stated earlier, HF rigs are not like a cb, and you need to know how to run one before you use it. Might not be anything wrong with it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.