• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu MD100 mic question

Hairball

May 19, 2020
Indiana
I have an Yaesu MD100 mic with an Yaesu DX5000. For some reason I cannot get the tone control on the bottom of the mic to work. When I switch the main control to filter and high emphasis or low cut is engaged the the audio is terrible. I have tried all combinations with the same result. The mic works great with the main switch on thru. Just wondering if anyone has run into this. I have owned the equipment since new. Thank you in advance,
Harry WDX659

I have an Yaesu MD100 mic with an Yaesu DX5000. For some reason I cannot get the tone control on the bottom of the mic to work. When I switch the main control to filter and high emphasis or low cut is engaged the the audio is terrible. I have tried all combinations with the same result. The mic works great with the main switch on thru. Just wondering if anyone has run into this. I have owned the equipment since new. Thank you in advance,
Harry WDX659
I too have a FT-dx5000 w/ MD100 mic. and I leave the rig's eq settings at default, using just the settings on underside of the mic. I have received many good to excellent comments from operators near & far off. Mine is set primarily for DX pile-ups. One ham even recorded me & played back my audio and I was impressed with both clarity & freq. response given that mic. is somewhat average model, certainly not like Yaesu's higher end models nor a Hiel. Are the ALC & Compression levels set properly? Best check your rig's mic audio settings in the menu.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.