• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu Repair?

buickid

304 'round the minigrass
Nov 22, 2012
Kona, Hawaii
Have a FT-857D that I got from an estate of a good friend who went SK. Worked fine when I got it a few months ago, put it up on the shelf. Took it off the shelf to go do some portable ops, it doesn't put out any power on TX and the digital meter is pegged full scale on RX. I don't use it much, and I got it for a song, but it has sentimental value, so I'd like to get it going again. Anyone know a good place to send it for repair?

Reactions: Rwb

Open it up and look for ribbon cables or coax cables with interference fit connectors. Carefully pull them out, clean them with a pencil eraser and reseat them. Older Yaesus are notorious for bad connections from changing environments. All of my 757s and my 990 had those issues.

dont mess around with some hack somewhere. Just send it back to yaesu for repair. Its not super old so they still repair and service the 857d. It may cost a bit but you get what you pay for. Get it done right.

• Haha
Have a FT-857D that I got from an estate of a good friend who went SK. Worked fine when I got it a few months ago, put it up on the shelf. Took it off the shelf to go do some portable ops, it doesn't put out any power on TX and the digital meter is pegged full scale on RX. I don't use it much, and I got it for a song, but it has sentimental value, so I'd like to get it going again. Anyone know a good place to send it for repair?
Hamrepair in tx. I've sent 3 of my 857s to them and was very impressed with the service. Not to expensive depending on the problem. But if you want good quick service I highly recommend them.

Reactions: buickid and Rwb
Hamrepair in tx is where I send all my 857s. I've sent 3 to them and was very impressed with the service. Not to expensive depending on the problem.
Plus you can call them after you rig has made it to them and for a small extra fee they'll expedite you rig and get it right on the bench. Hamrepair. Com I highly recommend them.

Reactions: Rwb and SIX-SHOOTER
Call Cal at hamrepair.com in Texas. He's a great tech & he has great repair rates. He will also give you a quote before he does any repairs if you like & if you don't want to spend the money he will return it as is. He has done many repairs for myself & local friends.

Hamrepair in tx is where I send all my 857s. I've sent 3 to them and was very impressed with the service. Not to expensive depending on the problem.
Plus you can call them after you rig has made it to them and for a small extra fee they'll expedite you rig and get it right on the bench. Hamrepair. Com I highly recommend them.
I made the same reply. Cal does great work for a very fair price.

yaesu repair might be ok if your paying ,but warrenty work is crapshoot. sent radio back 3 times with problem.they sent it back every time with another new mic saying fixed. i put semi gloss black on screws and was never touched. it quit transmitting. turns out no thermal paste under finals which were burned out.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.