• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

YAESU YS-60 POWER SWR METER

TonyV225

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 18, 2005
Wisconsin
Anyone here ever owned one?? I was thinking about getting one and have read that the Peak reading is pretty spot ot on or very close and I was wondering what these are worth or what a fair price would be for purchasing one??

I was looking at the True peak reading MFJ units digital and analog but have mixed feelings on these. Any info or suggestion appreciated :)

Personally, I like cross needle meters better, especially when tuning antennas. But that's just my personal tastes.

Tim the crossneedles are by far my favorite meters aswell I have a few including the true peak reading double needle on my Ameritron ALS-600. I actually have the new MFJ True Peak Reading meter its the big 6 inch display the peak reading is run by a 9 volt battery or walwart power pack.

Cool thing is I get to open the box and try it out and if I dont like it I can send it back id I like it I pay for it. Its not the cross needle but if its accurate within specs or to my likings I will buy the cross needle meter model. Heres the model coming this week ........

MFJ Enterprises Inc.

Last edited:
Tim the crossneedles are by far my favorite meters aswell I have a few including the true peak reading double needle on my Ameritron ALS-600. I actually have the new MFJ True Peak Reading meter its the big 6 inch display the peak reading is run by a 9 volt battery or walwart power pack.

Cool thing is I get to open the box and try it out and if I dont like it I can send it back id I like it I pay for it. Its not the cross needle but if its accurate within specs or to my likings I will buy the cross needle meter model. Heres the model coming this week ........

MFJ Enterprises Inc.

Nice looking meter,i'm a serious sucker for loads of led's,having downloaded the manual it states it includes a built in frequency counter and has counter calibration details,but no sign of a counter on the unit,i notice it doesn't include any accuracy specs either.am i missing something?

George this particular model I posted the link to is the newer version mines the straight MFJ-868 so I dont have the LED indicators but otherwise my straight 868 is pretty much like this model but again without the extra bells and whistles.

Last edited:
George this particular model I posted the link to is the newer version mines the straight MFJ-868 so I dont have the LED indicators but otherwise my straight 868 is pretty much like this model but again without the extra bells and whistles.

I love the look of it,but i'm mesmerised by the invisibility of the frequency counter the manual states its supposed to have built in.

i'm curious about the accuracy of it too,theres no specs on the manual which i find unusual.

be nice to get an export radio,preferably with a black fascia with led s/rf/swr meter built in instead of the lame analogue ones you need a telescope to read.

i just love those led's,they last for years,are easy to read/see and don't run hot.ideal for operating at night time.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.