• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

You guys want a good laugh?

King Mudduck

FEAR THE DUCK!
May 6, 2005
285 South Western Virgina waving!
There are some people in this world that will never learn. I guy close to my house has a friend who wanted to use a 95T to drive a TS 500. They Messed with it for a while and reported that they were seeing really big numbers on the meter,this was all that mattered to them. For over two hours they went from channel to channel boasting about how much power they were doing and that they could walk on anyone who dared key with them. No matter how many people told them how bad it sounded it did not make any difference to them because they had that "big power on the meter" and that's all they wanted.

After a while of this constant abuse to the radio and the amp you know something was going to happen and it did. The amps power started to fall off all of a sudden and they panicked and came to my house "well it was working like gang busters then all at once nothing" they said holding there blown amp and shatty sounding radio as they stood at my door. I told them that i had tried to tell them that was way to much radio for an amp like that and then they started once more on the how good it looked on the meter crap. They wanted me to help them fix it but i sent them packing but not before telling them that more then likely they had blown the pills in the amp and had gotten the radio so far out of adjustment that they were going to have to spend a wad of cash to get everything back in shape. I told them to remember that when they were counting out all of their hard earned cash to pay the man after he had fixed everything......that it sure did look good on the meter!

They toasted the amp then correct?
But the radio was fine.

Likely had the carrier set way too high.
Live and learn :)

Toasted the amp and they had the radio so far out of adjustment because they had opened it up and twisted this or that to get more power from it that you could out understand anything they said.

.....it think its kinda of funny myself.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.