• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

You Know Your A Redneck Ham Operator If......

B

BOOTY MONSTER

You are a Redneck Ham Operator if...
One leg of your dipole is tied to the outhouse.
Needle nose pliers are needed to turn your transceiver on and off.
You paid more for your mobile antenna than you did for your wife's wedding ring.
You paused for ID every ten minutes while on your honeymoon.
Your spouse says "Honey do you love me?" And your response is ROGER ROGER ROGER!
Your trailer home is part of your antenna.
Your mobile radio costs more than the vehicle it's mounted in.
Your power supply consists of jumper cables hanging out the window of your shack attached to the battery of your truck.
Your HF rig is the latest ICOM or KENWOOD and your Desk Mic came from Radio Shack.
Your idea of RF is REAL FINE audio.
Your homebrew amplifier resembles a moonshine whiskey still in Alabama.
Your TV antenna and 10 Meter Beam are one in the same.
You own a linear amplifier but not a lawn mower.

You Know Your A Redneck Ham Operator If...... | 470 Amateur Radio Group

YOU MIGHT BE A REDNECK IF....You have a beam and for a rotor you have 4 x 12 foot sections of pipe running from the living room through the second story hallway floor then through a hole in the roof with a vice grips at the bottom so you can lean over to turn that beam while your sitting in your favorite recliner ;):pop:

Ha! Careful with that redneck stuff. A redneck ham, or a redneck CB'er is a step UP in class as far as I'm concerned. Anybody can do it right. It takes real ingenuity and imagination to do it wrong and still get it right...
- 'Doc
(Official RedNeck #2. Got the certificate.)

Ha! Careful with that redneck stuff. A redneck ham, or a redneck CB'er is a step UP in class as far as I'm concerned. Anybody can do it right. It takes real ingenuity and imagination to do it wrong and still get it right...
- 'Doc
(Official RedNeck #2. Got the certificate.)

So true Doc so true.

I was gonna post one if you have ever made an antenna out of beer cans and duct tape. Then I got to thinkin about could it actually work? it would be easy to tune it.. less or more beer cans. it would be light and probably durable. It would be fun to make.

I reckon I am a redneck :blink:

P.S. As an afterthought you could fill the cans with salt water and get more GAIN!!! like 18db Id imagine!!! yes itd be heavier but dude!!

Attachments

• beercan1.jpg
    beercan1.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 129
  • beercan2.jpg
    beercan2.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 149
  • beercan3.jpg
    beercan3.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 142
  • beercan4.jpg
    beercan4.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 148
  • beercan5.jpg
    beercan5.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 140
Well the chicken wire antenna gave the beer cans a run for top spot, but booty monster tied with Homer BB and because of that...the beer cans win.
You can see the results in this thread

http://www.worldwidedx.com/cb-antennas/64520-poll-vote-your-favorite-1-4-wave-gp.html
The guys on this forum are real handy when it comes to building antennas.

How about plastic wrapped in aluminium foil?
Hommer BB has that covered as well
http://www.worldwidedx.com/cb-antennas/104894-homers-qv4k-3.html
Read through some of the threads in the Cb antenna section......

We got HIGH class Antenna Builders and they ain`t even got there Hammer Lic yet, now can you imagine how good it is gonna be after they pass the test?
Duct Tape?
They don`t need no stinking duct tape!

Jeff

Attachments

• chicken wire1.jpg
    chicken wire1.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 215
  • chickenwire 2.jpg
    chickenwire 2.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 201
  • foil wraped plastic.jpg
    foil wraped plastic.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 188
  • foil 2.jpg
    foil 2.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 215
I built my first beer can vertical before I was old enough to drink - my dad supplied me with plenty material, though!

And in those days, you could actually SOLDER the cans together: no aluminum in the late 50s - early 60s.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.