• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

YOU WILL BE BANNED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well, I was just trying to help people understand what was being sold. Din't expect to get jumped on just for posting a picture of what was for sale.

Anyway, maybe I can reconsider my feelings on eliminating the reply in the swap shop...

And for that matter, maybe we should have a political forum too...

Sometimes I wonder if the political activists here even operate a radio, or even own one?

I guess this thread is for the lowest common denominator. I'm here :Wavey

guys I don't want you to think I or this forum is about censorship, the for sale section is just for that otherwise we will get into topics about whos cb is better whos amp is better and so on,,,, leave that stuff for the other sections.

Thanks for you cooperation :D

with that said,,,,,,,,,, I myself trapped when I was in high school,,,I trapped a racoon in a foot trap. I had beat this poor thing to death with a bat and actually seen tears from this animal

From that day on I could not trap anymore,,,

Your mileage may vary

:shock: brutal

I've never seen anyone make a coon cry.

I don't remember what the occasion was, or why we had it, but we had a rabbid coon tied to a tree one summer. The thing went absolutely nuts before it had to be put down.

We had a monkey too, but it bit the wrong finger, I guess.

I was too young to know what was going on, really.

Happy i about had to do that once. Didnt grab any 22 shells. But lucky someone found one on the floor or i would have beaten it to death. Its better than a bullet hole in the fur! And in the head! And one time i seen a possem (sp) in my yard so i grabbed a hammer and killed it. Only took one shot to. I hate possum!

Leg hold traps are illegal here and I applaud it.My father and I were going across the river across from my house several years ago.The water had been high for several days and had just receded enough to get accross on a log fell accross it.On the other side we found a poor raccoon that was starved and had the frozen ground torn up all around it for as far as it could reach.It also had it's trapped leg half chewed off.It just looked up at us as if asking to be put out of it's misery.Dad complied with a large stick.Apparently the sob decided that he would not bother checking his traps for awhile as it was a bit further to walk if he went around the other way to cross the river.Oh well,he never had to worry about checking that trap again as we took it and turned it into the DNR office.

Ok QRN when a river floods and trappers have their sets in water. How are they suppost to get their traps? They pry didnt know a flood was coming so they could pull their trap. MY guess would be the trapper either had his trap hooked on a tree and it came loose in the flood or he didnt put the stake in the ground far enough. They also have drowning (cant spell tonight) sets. When a animal or what ever sets the trap off it triggers a huge sand bag(or what ever you use) To go down a line into the river. The coon goes under the water and he drown's to death. Better than a bullet . But the trap still should have been were it was suppost to be. Anyway trappers are keeping the population level. (Somewhat) Everytime i go down a I down a Hwy i see a coon or yote on the side of the road. Now thats just a waste to me. It could have been maid into a nice coat of some kind. I dont think you want a coon to ending up it your garbag can do you? I love trapping. You get to do what you love and get paid for it to. This is pry gonna start something but i got my point in!

Don't assume you know how the trap was or was not set.The trap was well staked to the ground and was far from high water.The coon was on dry ground all during the flood.The trapper simply chose to be lazy and not take the longer way around to tend his traps.I have a good idea who it was but no proof and the lazy part fits him.My beef is with leg hold traps,not trappers that use LEGAL traps.As for clubing the coon,it was far more merciful than leaving it,one good blow to the head which is what most trappers do anyway.No gun available at the time to shoot it.I do not have a problem with trappers at all,just the irresponsible ones that tend their line if and when it suits them.If they don't want to tend them on a regular basis then don't do it at all.

Don't assume you know how the trap was or was not set
:shock: You didnt describe how the trap was set. For all i know if could have been hooked to a bear and he was draging it around.

The trapper simply chose to be lazy and not take the longer way around to tend his traps.I have a good idea who it was but no proof and the lazy part fits him
Did it come to mind that their was a flood? How would the trapper get out to the trap. And i Quote you
On the other side we found a poor raccoon
The road could have well been flooded out and the trapper couldnt have gotten over to it. BUT if that wasnt the case then i would have to agree with you. But if prices were the way they are now i dought he would have left the coon. Unless like you stated he was to "lazy". And as for the foot traps. Foot traps do not cause and stress to the fur. It is on his foot. Now if you use a Snare if might rub the hair off of the animal which you dont want. i for one am all for the foot traps. It saves time and you dont have to replace it like snare (if they are all beaten out of shape)

Hammer a Possum to death !! Brutal dude !! .....I think Betty White might have you all by the balls !! ....but then again Ted Nugent might shack your hands ? .....I guess where some of you guys live it's all good ? IM surely not the great white hunter here .....but I guess if it's the only way I would have to live to survive ? maybe then I would have to do what I have to do. IM cool with kill'in fish if they are for eatting ,other then that ,it's just catch and release......WOW !! A hammered possum !!! ......I got those things running around the neighborhood where I live for years ....they really don't bother anybody other then looking for food or shalter from the cold I would suppose ? .....but out here in Los Angeles , if I even thought about harming any of them or if I did and somebody saw it ? ....I would be in some deep legal $hit if that were to be the case .....laws are different in other states I realzie this , I believe in Texas you can shoot somebody for being on our property ......do that around here and you will be up for murder or attempted murder charges and you better make damned well sure that you had a iron clad reason for doing so.......but my God man !!! Hammering a Possum to death !!! ....Wow !! Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.