• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Your best bet...

Ok... let's get realistic here. There may be a total collaspe of the monetary system, but IF it does happen, it is still many years off. Unless we change our dependency on foreign commodities, people in the US will have to realize that their standard of living must decrease inorder for the monetary system in the US to survive. The only way for the US standard of living to remain the same is for us (the USA) to become totally independent on foreign countries for our commodities: i.e. OIL, Food, etc .If we can supply our own needs (which we can), then what ever happens to the rest of the world will have little or no effect on our economy. What this really means is that we have to close our borders, force american companies to produce their products HERE, and pretty much tell the rest of the world... FUCK YOU ! The law of the jungle says," only the strong survive," and the USA has shown over the years that we are the strongest. Believe it or not, our system of government still puts the ultimate power in the hands of the people. If we don't like the way things are going, we can elect people who will make things the way we want. We are the most powerful country in the world, and when push comes to shove, there isn't any SANE country that will try to screw with us. Our democracy has been the strongest in the world for over 200 years, and now is not the time to panic and give up on the USA. Whatever we have to do, let's do it. If some other countries want to ally with us, OK. But those who don't can go to hell.

Ok... let's get realistic here. There may be a total collaspe of the monetary system, but IF it does happen, it is still many years off. Unless we change our dependency on foreign commodities, people in the US will have to realize that their standard of living must decrease inorder for the monetary system in the US to survive. The only way for the US standard of living to remain the same is for us (the USA) to become totally independent on foreign countries for our commodities: i.e. OIL, Food, etc .If we can supply our own needs (which we can), then what ever happens to the rest of the world will have little or no effect on our economy. What this really means is that we have to close our borders, force american companies to produce their products HERE, and pretty much tell the rest of the world... FUCK YOU ! The law of the jungle says," only the strong survive," and the USA has shown over the years that we are the strongest. Believe it or not, our system of government still puts the ultimate power in the hands of the people. If we don't like the way things are going, we can elect people who will make things the way we want. We are the most powerful country in the world, and when push comes to shove, there isn't any SANE country that will try to screw with us. Our democracy has been the strongest in the world for over 200 years, and now is not the time to panic and give up on the USA. Whatever we have to do, let's do it. If some other countries want to ally with us, OK. But those who don't can go to hell.

I agree with you about eliminating foreign aid and making our Corp & business bring the manufacturing back home, been saying that for years. We need to take another step and cut our Senators and Congressmen in half and cut their wages to the going wage in the US, make them live under the same benefits we have as far a Social Security and Health Care! And NOT be able to vote themselves a raise!!! Wish I had a job I could vote myself a raise!

When you say "There may be a total collaspe of the monetary system, but IF it does happen, it is still many years off." Just curious as to how many years you are figuring?

WOW.....

Silver rounds are one troy ounce.

silver_5_year_o_usd.png

Not reflecting the Friday spot that is $0.44 higher than the graph.

It's not too late, 50$ is expected by summer ( I think early summer), some predict much higher by the end of the year.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
Uh........yeah.

So let's go ahead and gloom and doom here for a bit.

Say society falls and the grid goes down. No electricity....no banks....no stores. All that will be available is what is in the stores right now...and what you can loot. Because they will be closed because they have no electricity to run the place even to just sell out.

Any money will very quickly become worthless, although if you have and keep money it may have value again later when and if things stabilize.

In the meantime.....things will only have value if you can eat it, wear it, shelter yourself with it, or is a useful tool with which to forward your survival.

If I have a 5 year food supply and a feller walks up with gold coins and wants to buy some food from me.....I will have to tell him "no thanks" and to please move along.....before I shoot ya :D I will have no use for that or any pile of gold coins as I cannot eat them, wear them, shelter myself with them, or think of any immediate way that I can use them as a tool to further my physical survival.

So you go ahead and collect gold and silver coins. I'll collect 50lb bags of rice and beans ect....

So far so good.

While you might collect FRN's in a bank that might not be there to give them back ( bank holidays of 1933), I'll collect things that have historical value.

Silver and gold have been exchanged for thousands of years.

If you think the calendar will be rolled back that far in a financial collapse, good luck.

If I have a 5 year food supply

Do you?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.