• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Your first CB? what year started? any other radio interest?

The year was 1968 and the radio was a Johnson 23 ch messenger. You had to have two crystals for every channel. One for transmit and one for receive.

1970 ,3 channel Trc 9 Realistic ( $29.95 ) RS 1/4 wave Gp ( $14.95 ) and a cheap $ 10 Ps . I see it's an old thread but just thought I'd ad to it anyway .:LOL:

Last edited:
Mid 1970s. Realistic TRC-30A. 23 channels, volume, squelch and a fine tune with two settings (+ or -). Never could hear a difference between the two. Antenna was a Radio Shack Archer ground plane (not very high). Handle was North Texas Spiderman. Talked mostly to my buddy Snoopy (same setup) about 15 miles away. Those were the days. :)

1980 (was 10). Some flavor of the Cobra 19.. talked to Maine on skip from Trenton NJ on a 4' whip from second story window.. radiator was the ground.

Mom's boyfriend at time had a CB license prior to that year and gave me his Mr. Clean handle which I used till last year.. I now use handles K3 for local and PA770 for DX

Reactions: 357magnum
Some people complain when others don't use the search function. When they do it is reasonable to assume that an older thread just might suit the need for the question they have in mind. As is the case here.
Wasn't complaining, just happen to see the first post and noticed an old date which is goes back nearly 50 years. Had to comment on it!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.