• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yupiteru MVT7100

Q

Quinny1

Via E.Bay,I have just bought a Yupiteru MVT7100.Unfortunately,it appears to be a little 'deaf.'

It came with a rubber duck antenna,and not the standard telescopic,but it doesn't seem to receive a lot.I remember borrowing a friends Realistic base scanne some years ago,and with the inbuilt telescopic antenna,had no problem receiving.

Could there be something I'm not doing correctly,or are the bands generally quieter these days,or could there be a fault with the scanner?

What should I be looking at in order to improve the performance of it?

Ken.

</p>

The Yupiteru MVT-7100 is to my opinion an awesome receiver.
It's very sensitive and the receiving performance is very good,

So it's surprises me that one you've bought seams te be 'deaf'

There are, I think, 3 possibilities.

The rubberduck antenna is a worse one, so replace it for a telescopic one, the receiving performance must increase dramaticly.

See if the attenuator ( displayed by ' att ' in top of display ) lights on, for turning off, press FUNC followed by number 1.

An other possibility is that the BNC antenna connector lost contact with the main-board.

Good luck ... Bolke ...

the 7100 was and imho still is one of the best recieving h/h scanners around, i have the mvt7200, dont expect much from a rubberduck antenna unless its something decent like a diamond or supergainer, if you want to listen to hf bands throw some wire up outside and a small rx atu will make a world of difference, good luck.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.