• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Zetagi & RM Amplifier input power limits

Damo666

Jan 10, 2009
I've just picked up a box full of CB gear from the Widow of a silent key.

Amongst the inventory are a Zetagi B300P, Zetagi B550P, RM KL203, RM KL200, and RM KL505V.

Does anyone know what maximum input power I should be driving these with for long term reliability & longevity?

Thanks for that buddy.

I don't use AM, just SSB and FM here. Do you know what the FM input power limits would be?

For the most part, please disregard post #4.

I have all of the aforementioned Amplifiers minus the B300.

On FM, 4 > 5W reaps around ~80W ÷/-10% out from the KL200/203. Anything more goes into serious compression - and I definitely wouldn't be offering 12W SSB, particularly with the KL200 because it's a class C splatterbox. 1.5W on FM would probably see around 20 > 30W out.

The B550 gives around 180-190W out on FM with 5W input, but if using more, never use position 6. I would offer 12W PEP SSB for mine for near maximum output. Please don't feed it 25W on SSB!

I've just bought a KL505, and 7W in gives 220W out on FM. 12W SSB PEP is perfect for this, as it's remarkably similar to the B550P.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.