• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Zodiac Taurus

Hi neighbor! You kinda almost have to be around here somewhere if you saw that ad.
I saw it too. I don't like the sellers attitude about selling it. It's gonna put people off.
He's asking a lot for something he knows nothing about.

Last edited:
Reminds me of a rat rod someone built 35 years ago.

Used to go fast, but will it even start?

I see a lot of electrolytic caps that are most likely decades old.

Having four tubes in parallel means they really need to match fairly well. There are ways to tell, but only if you have equipment to evaluate each tube separately.

The foam-insulation coax leading from the Load control to the antenna relay is never a good sign. High temperatures are not kind to foam-insulated coax. The plate choke is scandalously too small.

Okay, I know those pics are not from the unit that's for sale.

Still strikes me as more of a project than something you can fire up and use right away, even if only for the age factor.

If the one that's for sale has had the last few decades' upkeep taken care of and has four strong tubes in it, this would be quite a deal. Four of those tubes, purchased new will cost more than that these days.

If some previous owner rode it hard and put it away wet, getting it back on the air will be a project, and probably not a cheap one.

Realistic or claimed? BIG difference. Looks like 4CX250B's in it.

Yeah 4 of those tubes are worth the asking price if it all is working, but like nomad said if it hasn't been taken care of it's likely just a fire hazard :)

Seller on the ad said it hadn't been tested which is also never a good sign for old equipment.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.