• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Zombie Amp !!

did you read homers comments in the link to the thread under the video ? unless i really really miss-understood him he is not in the room and it is him over the airwaves .

If I remember, that was a clip from the receiving op radio...have to wait for homer to drop by.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
A signal may sound clean to the untrained ear while someone that deals with audio all the time may be able to hear the distortion. Also what sounds clean on freq. may have spurs all over the band or other bands and is thus not a clean signal. All the experts and by experts I mean real RF engineers have proven that a class C amp is not suitable for any form of amplitude modulated signal. I doubt any CBer or ham for that matter is going to prove otherwise especially with a CB amp.

Reactions: 3 people
could you ...... or could you not clearly hear every word Homerbb said ? i could . as for harmonics ...... that's a possibility depending on if his equipment was over driven . over modulation can cause harmonics , but he didn't sound over modulated to me . hopefully he will see this and comment .

i wonder if anyone has ever suggest homerbb was effecting other frequencies/band with his equipment .....

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonder whos makeing this amp, and quality, Also some real reports of how they work....Maby if this amp is for real it should be sent to CBradiomagazine.com for a test and review............HUMMMMMMMMMMMMmm. And I might buy one.

If it were any good and they were proud of their work I'd like to think more info would have been provided.

Probably one of AMPowers' students built it.

i was wondering why it took 3 years to make it ?
..................... how it makes 555 watts with just 46 amps ?
..................... how bad the harmonics are @ %250 of what toshiba rates the 2879's at .

all i see is a different color pattern on the case . and AMPOWERS case , but with the fan on top .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.