• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CRE 8900 SSB - don't know if anyone had posted this yet

DXMan if it's anything like the CRT it will talk ok but have a little recieve issue, it sure won't be any 2950DX or anything that good I don't think, that's been my experience with the Alpha 10 Max and the CRT SS6900, you can be sure this one will have about the same recieve which is a little bit of an issue here with me, that's why mine is in the box and I'm using the Yenticom Optima

Well you know I am kind of careful picking my battles, if the guys speak english we can all get along and share the entire 11 meter band but throw in the mexican non english speaking asses and it can get out of hand very fast. Seems the wetbacks have big radios also, so when it bothers me that much I just turn it off. When you hear more truckers speaking spanish than english, that's a big problem that no one is addressing.

The video with the 8900 s meter doing lambada is mine and it is a QTH issue and nothing more. I visited a friend whose QTH is on top of a building where there is a BTS for telephones and a microwave array and the s meter went wild.

Back in the house here the s meter dropped and there was no issues like with the V4 series although this radio has many things similar to V4 just tidied up around in some areas.

73s Simon

Starting to sound like a great new radio. I too would like to know if it is easy to overload the front end. I have owned many cb radio's and Export type radios some good some useless in trucker land . Until I can buy one and try it out I think I will keep using my Galaxy 99v or my 98vhp. 73's Tod kc9rka

So far in testing the adjacent channel rejection is similar to the Alpha Max. I should have my full overview video posted shortly - in the written article I'll discuss the testing in more detail but it will be a little while until the article is completed as I want to do some further testing.

CBRadio Magazine just took a look at your video at YOUTUBE. Very nice job! I like the radio. Will buy one when and if they come to america? One question I have is are they real good on SSB? I am upgrading to my General LIC real soon. I was wondering are these radios as good as a ICOM,Kenwood,Yaesu ETC? I would think not but for the price and the computer programming they might be a nice Addition to the KW. And if it were to get stolen I would miss it but not be to mad about it. Now if someone stole my Icom 7000 different story. Thanks for your great sight and your testing of radios for us. 73 TOD KC9RKA

Well sure looks like it works great now if he can do an adjecent channel rejection test it might get my vote. When I am using the CRT SS6900 I also run the rg gain about 3/4 anymore than that is just not needed unless it id a dead quiet night and your trying to hear someone like more than 100 miles away

Tucker, rejection does not seem to be improved over the previous full size versions. I recorded myself today while I was out in the mobile - should have that video available tomorrow.

Thank You for the info, yes they are great radios as far as recieve, transmit and all the cool things that they can do but in my application because of the close warehousing to my home and work that is a major issue with me. The Yeticom Optima and Magnum S-9 do well along with older Uniden Chassis SSB radios, Cobra, Grant XL. I think I'll stick with what works well for me and wait for the next version of the Yenticom Huracan, I'm sure that will be worth the wait. Speaking of that did you ever do a review of the 07 model Huracan?

In dash install example -

img3347copy.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
What a neet clean install. I know in the day it was a big deal to have side mic radios but I have always liked the front mount mic just for this kind of application. Wish more manfactures would go back to front mics for ease of installiation. Were not all driving 1970 cars with huge dashboards anymore.

Geez Brew, you're really making me want one of these rigs. Stop it already... I need another radio like I need another hole in my head!

RT307

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.