• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

West Coast/California DX contacts today . . .

AJM:

27.555mHz upper side band @ 7:30 to 10:30 AM your local time = you will get all kinds of European DX.

Make sure you have some paper ready along with some sharpened pencils.

EDIT:

43SD280 Jordan 5/8 Australia

3ET013 Beto 5/9+ Brazil

10m:

Got Vladivostok, Russia 'Stanislav' 5/8

Almost forgot.
Got a station on the N tip of Africa, a territory of Spain near Gibraltar.

Very bad static conditions here in the PM . . .

Last edited:
27.555mHz upper side band @ 7:30 to 10:30 AM your local time = you will get all kinds of European DX.

Make sure you have some paper ready along with some sharpened pencils.

I keep 2 "pens" rdy That way I dont have to keep sharpening them (y)

Just worked 25HF011 Yoshi was brief hello way to much QSB for a good QSO and besides have about 5-7 s units of static for some reason:confused:

Experienced something extremely RARE today. A 10m operator 200 miles to my south with his beam pointed south. This was not ground wave. I heard him for most of the afternoon and he was busy. It was like he was on a DX expedition on the moon with the amount of traffic that was trying to get him. :confused:

EDIT: I believe this classifies as an example of backscatter.

Last edited:
SO far today, the DX has been dismal. The SFU's are only at ~130; the lowest it has been in several weeks.

11m's only contact today - so far - was with 14SD223 Luc 5/8 France.
Did hear 85YB225 from Zimbabwe - unconfirmed.

I did manage to get a station on the 10m band from the Balearic Islands in the Mediterranean Sea. They are the property of Spain. In particular, the island of Menoca and the city of Mahon. Looking at the picture below at the islands in red, it is the island to the far right.

Attachments

• 250px-Localización_de_las_Islas_Baleares.svg.png
    250px-Localización_de_las_Islas_Baleares.svg.png
    31 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
well skip was very speratic at best.... NOTHING stable all day until the doo masses came in jamming the channel as they always do...

19DE11 Robby

14KP468 Freddy Actually had a good 15 min or so qso that hung in there

30AT210 Raul

3GC177 John

166RC112 Franck didnt think 166 div was active? well deleted from what ever according to QRZ11 map but I got him

350AT/DX again

319 Iowa

and a quick how you do to that partially frozen 9WR2000

Still waiting to hear Robb in my speaker? dont know if it will ever happen

I was hoping for a bit more, but thats the way it goes... Had some work to do in the garage(radio shack) anyways and if there was more skip I would still be out there doing what needed to be done... But then you never know what you are going to hear on the air :w00t:

Texas coast contacts today were GREAT !

Worked some rare ones for my south Texas locale today all 11 mtrs 27425 up to around 27825. Morning started east.....started with a several EU stations England, Ireland, Wales, Crete, Italy then Poland, Romania Norway & Denmark Came in, few minutes later the Bonaire DX station....thought it going to slow down but then my first Africa Station Sierra Leone !!! called back with a 59 signal !!!
This afternoon heard Philippines div 79 !! QSO was bad due to noise levels. These are all from a mobile RCI 6900F at 50-60 watts and a mag mount wilson 1000
One thing?? odd today was a Dallas Texas coming into a qso this morning and he was 400 miles from my qth?? short hop or long ground wave....he was at the noise level but easy to copy? !! Hope that keeps up! 73's

...started with a several EU stations England, Ireland, Wales, Crete, Italy then Poland, Romania Norway & Denmark Came in, few minutes later the Bonaire DX station...

Well, I now know where all my international DX went. 9DIV & 2DIV only around here. Spoke with Bruce, WD-40 for a bit. Smok'm while you got them!!

EDIT: I did hear a number of Japanese OP's 1Mhz up like they were locals ... hmmmm.

Last edited:
Texas DX

536 said:
SO far today, the DX has been dismal. The SFU's are only at ~130; the lowest it has been in several weeks.

11m's only contact today - so far - was with 14SD223 Luc 5/8 France.
Did hear 85YB225 from Zimbabwe - unconfirmed.

Robb I copied your QSO with Luc .... Heard you or ?? calling to Zimbabwe....I sat on freqency and listened...did not hear any return on my end....stayed on freqency to see if Africa would come into Texas and picked up Sirrea Leone. You signal was 59 in S texas with France but dropped a little while calling Africa.

Did anyone hear the french speaking stations on late around 500pm CST I think it was some pacific island fishermen talking about fishing nets? a few minute later came my 79OH173

Well the next time we get some north/south skip then we can talk, WD-40.

Ghutch, not bad for a one day score.
It will only get better until Spring.

Didn't hear 9WR2000 out there today.
Called a couple of times; guess we weren't on the radio at the same time as I was.

Almost made contact with S.Korea in the early evening on 10m. Copied 'HL5 . . .' but couldn't copy the last three letters of his call sign. Oh well; just have to see what tomorrow's fishing brings . . .

Last edited:
Ghutch,
What is your SSB call? Do believe I heard you out there working that DX, Tx does come into AZ quite often.......

I also heard a bit of unusual Divisions calling but could not make out full call or QSY freq do to the amount of people "jaw jacking" on .555

EDIT: I did hear a number of Japanese OP's 1Mhz up like they were locals ... hmmmm.

My neighbour came over in the late afternoon and took a wonder up there also and heard the same thing, All there was on the "nickle" was 3 and 4 division..... Interesting indeed

Made a few contacts on 11m today, even though static conditions were fairly strong here on the West Coast and made it difficult to operate:

14AT136 Jerome 5/6 France

31FAT010 Paulo 5/6 Portugal

31SD122 Constantino 5/8 Portugal

10m was a bit more interesting today. Started off with Australia coming in and made a contact for the log book. I then spun the dial and heard a "ZD" prefix with my beam still pointing twards the SW. I spun the beam twards the SE and got St Helena Island off of the coast of Africa. After logging that contact, spun the dial again and heard Cuba and got that contact logged too. (Note: Two different Cuba stations in as many weeks; never heard Cuba out there before that time.) Spun the beam around to the SW once again, and got a New Zealand station. The beam is pointed twards the NW now and hearing a lot of stations from Japan.

Hoping to hear S.Korea again this afternoon and make the contact for the log book . . .

MAP: Location of St. Helena Island

Attachments

• sthelena.gif
    sthelena.gif
    9.6 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:
Another quiet day up here. Things seem to be shifting south, not hearing much from Europe and from what Robb is hearing, Africa is on the way!

Made one shout out and logged 128SD/DX. Signal was 2x2 and needed a little help but a relay station confirmed.

128framed.jpg

bvi.gif

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.