• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Retevis is giving away THREE radios for their 16th Anniversary! Click Here to enter!

Recent content by Tokin

  1. Tokin

    What Astatic model is this?

    I thought that too. Is this a newer model with a fixed potentiometer stem? All the minuteman 2 examples i see have the white plastic star like shaped one piece knob and shaft and astatic is raised lettering on the face. This one is a bit different with the printed nameplate and a 2 piece stem...
  2. Tokin

    What Astatic model is this?

    The back which doesn't fit right says 555. The problem is this back uses the old style star shaped removable stem and the mic has a stem built in the the potentiometer and the diameter is larger than the hole. Also the mic grill is convex where i thought the 555 and 557 were concave. Im...
  3. Tokin

    Identify this antenna please

    I have no other info other than the pic unfortunately. I thought maybe someone would recognize it
  4. Tokin

    Identify this antenna please

    It's 50+ years old. 2 vertical elements 180° from each other with a ground plane kit. I know someone here knows make and model
  5. Tokin

    Obscure Royce Export? Can you identify?

    He mentioned nothing about noticing any mods. Sweet radio though. This is off Facebook when i suggested he post more pics and post the question here also he got kinda salty with me but i decided to be a nice guy and see if i can get him some info on this rig. Maybe its the drugs for my back but...
  6. Tokin

    LesComm Radios

    So yes there is an adjustment on the 125 peak kits that allows you to adjust the needle movement as far as "hang time" and speed at which the needle swings back to zero. Adjusting to show more watts will throw the kit out of calibration and be useless. Do I trust Less not to do that, absolutely...
  7. Tokin

    Obscure Royce Export? Can you identify?

    Im posting this for a friend who said the tag is no longer on the radio and only sent me this one pic.
  8. Tokin

    Obscure Royce Export? Can you identify?

    Frequency range is 26.965-27.855. No model number or other markings and has the same board as the Royce 639. Anyone have a clue what model this is or any other info?
  9. Tokin

    LesComm Radios

    Yep hes a real shitbag.
  10. Tokin

    Home Retevis Ailunce HS4 10 Meter Radio Review

    So a couple months ago Mr Panic Attack sent me an hs4 that was cosmetically damaged during shipping. Before sending he totally decked it out with his tx/rx mods. Its showing 50 watts pep and 20 watts average am. Gotta say im absolutely impressed with the recieve and tx audio quality. Ive had...
  11. Tokin

    Super Star sharp shooter wiring to Cobra 4 pin

    I have a couple Super Star sharp shooter mics and cant figure out the wiring. My problem is the way I have it wired works on my 747 mic tester but doesn't work on a radio. Cable is 5 wire yellow l, blue, shield, red, white. Ive tried several combinations and cant seem to make it work on a radio...
  12. Tokin

    Sirio SY27-4 Beam Install

    They work ok for what they are and they are cheaply made. I don't beleive they are glues, i beleive they are pressed in and maybe cold like liquid nitrogen would be the way to go? I have an 8 element jo gunn but it needs a total refurb and i dont have a sturdy tower to put it on so it just sits...
  13. Tokin

    Is 1.1:1 the perfect tune?

    Good to see you too. Certain elements here i miss and others I don't though I do refer alot of people here to get accurate info. Im like a tropical rash that just wont go away lol
  14. Tokin

    Sirio SY27-4 Beam Install

    I got my sy4 used and found the radial mounts on the boom come loose and had to pop rivet every one to keep them secure. I also found someone online who was building 10kw gammas for the sy4 and sy3 and quickly grabbed one. Unfortunately i no longer see that seller now. Im sealing every joint...
  15. Tokin

    colossal 10 k

    Worth every penny if you require a more stout antenna build because of wind, ice, snow or even large bird issues like eagles, osprey or owls. While the maco v5000 was an ok antenna it doesn't hold a candle to the Colossal when it comes to durability and easy tuning.