• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

10 meter FM Simplex

no, he is saying that as a TECH, you do not have any FM or AM phone priv's at all,....

a TECH can operate from 28.000 - 28.500, but, the only phone privs a TECH has is from 28.300-28.500 USB.

Thanks. I must of deciphered his post wrong. I already knew what freqs I was allowed to use as a Tech. Hell with this $hit, I'm going out to talk on my radio ;)

Reactions: 1 person
Stuff happens...there was no internet around to persecute me publicly when I started..just a crusty old ham who guided me gently when I was too close to the band edge. :D

Last edited:
Thanks... I already knew what freqs I was allowed to use as a Tech. Hell with this $hit, I'm going out to talk on my radio ;)

:D yeah, the wideband/narrow band FM theory is something that TECHs are not required to know and they are not tested on it in element 2.

in fact, I don't recall ever being asked a question about it for element 3 or 4, although it certainly is a valid test subject for those elements.

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.