• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

10 meter is very quiet?

I'm looking forward to Saturday. I have it free and I will be bouncing between 10 and 11m on my mobile at the lake all day here in the PNW!
may skip run wild that day and you get many contacs

Reactions: Crawdad
20230728_202055.jpg

No, it wasn't 10 meters, but I was talking to Ireland and enjoying a Guinness. Hard to beat that!

The band was open stateside some today. Heard a station in California calling CQ for lower power stations, so I turned my rig down to 10w and returned his call. He gave me a 54 report. 1800 miles and through this condo building on 10w and an inverted V. I'm fairly happy with that.

7 3

Band open for a bit this morning, was able to work South Africa for the second time before the door slammed shut. Fun fun fun.

7 3

Reactions: Rwb and S&W357
Ok I have a question about 10 meter radio and don't shoot me too bad because I'm just trying to learn a area I haven't ventured into before. I have a President Lincoln II+ that I'm not real satisfied with on the CB band so the other night I decided to just listen to the 10 meter bands to see how it preformed on that band. I got into 10 meter and heard Nothing on all the channels. I have a Star Duster antenna tuned for 11 meter but thought I should be able to at least receive & listen to 10 meter just not transmit on it. Is my thoughts correct or am I out to lunch on the receive ? Also is the traffic of 10 meter sporadic and not really popular ?

Reactions: Rwb
Ok I have a question about 10 meter radio and don't shoot me too bad because I'm just trying to learn a area I haven't ventured into before. I have a President Lincoln II+ that I'm not real satisfied with on the CB band so the other night I decided to just listen to the 10 meter bands to see how it preformed on that band. I got into 10 meter and heard Nothing on all the channels. I have a Star Duster antenna tuned for 11 meter but thought I should be able to at least receive & listen to 10 meter just not transmit on it. Is my thoughts correct or am I out to lunch on the receive ? Also is the traffic of 10 meter sporadic and not really popular ?
10 meters could be great but its upper sideband.only time i hear activity is either when skip is rolling or when they decide to contest. its otherwise same as 11 meters but you need tech or greater license. my lincoln was ok on either band. kinda miss it

Reactions: whiteastro
10 meters could be great but its upper sideband.only time i hear activity is either when skip is rolling or when they decide to contest. its otherwise same as 11 meters but you need tech or greater license. my lincoln was ok on either band. kinda miss it
10 & 11 meters are quite different bands.11 meters is open far more than 10 meters and as usual the FCC Gave Away the better band for sure.Listen to 11 meters when the signals are marginal and go to 10 meters and try and hear anything including a beacon and more times than not you will hear nothing.

Reactions: whiteastro
10 & 11 meters are quite different bands.11 meters is open far more than 10 meters and as usual the FCC Gave Away the better band for sure.Listen to 11 meters when the signals are marginal and go to 10 meters and try and hear anything including a beacon and more times than not you will hear nothing.
How many watts is a ham operator allowed to put out on 10 meter? I figured that should make some difference. I'll keep trying to listen when I get a chance. The idea is to see if the radio sounds better on 10 meter than 11 meter. Just trying to make sense of it all.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.