• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

10 meter is very quiet?

How many watts is a ham operator allowed to put out on 10 meter? I figured that should make some difference. I'll keep trying to listen when I get a chance. The idea is to see if the radio sounds better on 10 meter than 11 meter. Just trying to make sense of it all.
As high as 1500 watts depending upon your license class.Of course there are many on the 11 meter band that run far more than that.

20240905_094037.jpg

10m is hopping folks!! Open to Europe, Asia and South America this morning.
Good luck Dxing
7 3

A lot of folks are always chasing more and more watts. I just worked a station in Indonesia with 100w on 10m SSB. 10,000+ miles. Confirmed QSO via QRZ.com

Join the fun folks!

7 3
hi watts ,easy work.great conditions decent antenna 10 watts is WORKING RADIO OLD SCHOOL.and when those conditions open i hate missing out

Reactions: whiteastro
M0BZH,G7WRO and several others i made contac with all from england yesterday around 1 30 pm. was great dx day

Reactions: Crawdad
was a great 10 meter day wasnt it?
10m was wide open yesterday. I heard many west coast stations here and managed to work VP6WR as new one on 10m. Already CFM on LOTW
Mi
10m was wide open yesterday. I heard many west coast stations here and managed to work VP6WR as new one on 10m. Already CFM on LOTW
Mike

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    those boys in Louisiana going to be hard to live with...working those HI stations...my buddy Greg KK5SW/4 elements @35ft/350 watts...2 HI contacts today!!!! Arnold KE5JXC snagged one also!!!
    +1
  • @ Mark Malcomb:
    Hello BJ. Been a long time since I've been on. You doing well? Mark Malcomb
  • @ Naysayer:
    I’m