• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

10 meter is very quiet?

10 is often open, just no one there, it's much like 6 meters, open but no one there.
Usually if 11 is open 10 is too.
I spend more time on 11 meters because there is better chance of finding users there.
10-11-12 meters are my favorite mobile bands because you can work them with relatively short antennas and minimal equipment.

Jeff
thats sad too,so much dx not used and for what reason? id like to see .413 405 etc loaded with operators. sadly its quiet untill contest n im not into contest. got my radios to talk on

Reactions: AudioShockwav
thats sad too,so much dx not used and for what reason? id like to see .413 405 etc loaded with operators. sadly its quiet untill contest n im not into contest. got my radios to talk on
The worst part is there is soo much room on ten meters, and it is really not taken advantage of.
Room for data, CW, SSB, a AM Sub band, FM Simplex, and room for FM repeaters.
Ten is a very big chunk of spectrum that is underutilized by hams.

Jeff

Reactions: Rwb
The worst part is there is soo much room on ten meters, and it is really not taken advantage of.
Room for data, CW, SSB, a AM Sub band, FM Simplex, and room for FM repeaters.
Ten is a very big chunk of spectrum that is underutilized by hams.

Jeff
yes sir so much wasted potential. under right conditions 25 watts n a wire,groundplane or beam n talk the world . yes ssb ,fm,repeaters,cw and all the rest

And then this evening Chile and more Brazil. Not great conditions but good enough to sneak a few QSOs into the log.

Reactions: Rwb and S&W357
I have 2 dipole antennas. No one is really on 11 meter. Should I put up my 10-meter dipole? If so, where is the best place to listen?

Reactions: Rwb
I have just about given upon 11 meter, is 10 meters any better
At least at my QTH, 10 meter band openings have been few and far between since late April or so. Unless you have a lot of local traffic you may hear less on 10 than you do on 11 meters. But don't give up, when the sun decides to cooperate 10 can be very interesting to monitor. It just doesn't happen every day.

Reactions: S&W357 and Rwb
At least at my QTH, 10 meter band openings have been few and far between since late April or so. Unless you have a lot of local traffic you may hear less on 10 than you do on 11 meters. But don't give up, when the sun decides to cooperate 10 can be very interesting to monitor. It just doesn't happen every day.

seems like back in mid july 10 meters was on fire a very few days then silence

Reactions: S&W357 and Crawdad

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.