• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

10 meters is wide open

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
I just got done making some contacts on 10 meters using psk31. It's crazy out there right now...New Zealand, Portugal, Spain, and pretty much all of central and south America.

Reactions: 2 people

just after qso, with world radio 11 on 38lsb. i went to check 10 meters and nailed argentina. i did not get all of his sign xl7hz operator pedro.

get this i was on my mobile and had shut off my amp, and my radio was turned down to maybe 15 watts pep! what a day and evening for dx for sure.

Yea it is going strong, Made lots of good contacts. Hawaii was in there last evening but I just could not get him. I heard Japan stations but just could not get any. I truly want Japan and Hawaii.

I was on 17 and 10 this morning and they were open pretty decent.

When I got home today, about 5PM local, 23:00z, it was jumping here on the west coast.

I could hear a lot of DX, from Japan to Venezuela. I wasn't so successful at breaking into pileups...

i did work a couple of XEs, but that "DX" is closerto me than Los Angeles is.

I did work a fellow in Alabama who came through very strong. He was running 900 Watts into a 4 element beam and I was reading him about 5-8. I am running 100 watts into an inverted-v, and we could read me above the noise, but only just.

Ah well, maybe there will be more room in the pileups tomorrow.

Dave_W6DPS

Got up this morning and turned on the radio and flipped the beam NE. Got France and two German stations right off the bat. Two of them also ran beams and both were coming in @ 20 S-units.

SSB - of course.

That beam might be a cheap beam; but it sure has proven to be effective.
Time and again . . .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.