• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

10 meters open

Do you have 10 meter FM capability?
I hear the New York 10m repeater almost all the time on 29.620. They have a PL of 146.2 hz.
That repeater is used a lot in the NYC area and ops from all over the country come when there is an opening.

Give it a listen.

CDX8412 said:
Do you have 10 meter FM capability?
I hear the New York 10m repeater almost all the time on 29.620. They have a PL of 146.2 hz.
That repeater is used a lot in the NYC area and ops from all over the country come when there is an opening.

Give it a listen.

What's up with the (PL) CTCSS? I think there is an input frequency -100 Kc (29.520). What does it take to get in that machine?

What's up with the (PL) CTCSS? I think there is an input frequency -100 Kc (29.520). What does it take to get in that machine?

Since there only a few 10M 'pairs' - and quite a few 10M repeaters in existence - owners of 10M repeaters must incorporate PL access in their machines.

Picture 10 or so repeaters on .620, all running 'open' (no PL). Now let the band come up to the point of relatively short Es. Stations from all over will be bringing up every machine that is in their skip zone.

IOW, a total mess.

Any modern HF transceiver which is capable of 'split' operation and has a programmable PL encoder can be used to work most 10M repeaters. Even a lowly HR2600 will work nicely in this role...that's one of the reasons I keep such a rig around the shack.

29.620 repeater system-

The main hub of the KQ2H repeater system was located at the World Trade Center in New York City until the terrorist attack on September 11, 2001 took down the towers....Most of the transmit antennas were located on the northwest corner, upper tier of the microwave "bandstand" on # 1 WTC. Receive antennas were located in the set-back on the 108th floor facing all four compass points. I estimate we had a mile of hardline in all.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.