• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

10 Meters Trying To Open?

kd-5-bgt

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Nov 10, 2007
Joplin Missouri area
hearing a few stations on 10 meters,really weak but they are in there....hopefully that band will start seeing decent conditions ...low end of band...28.3 to 28.7

was out & about at 5am this morning, 20 over 9 e skip from the carolinas, TN, IL, IN, OH & nova scotia into the northeast....on 11m-made close to 100 mobile contacts, YES 100 between 5am-730am!! most contacts were on ch 6 & 13 am & lsb 38, with about 50 watts from my 706mk2g. called & called & called cq on 10m, not a peep. was back again on 10m at 9am-dead silence. 11m-30 over 9 of nothing but noise.

The dx lately has been running a little strange. Usually ten and 11 meters run hand and hand. But ten has been comming up short for the most part. Been hearing some dx on 12 meters as well.

I have been tuning around on 10m heard some stations on. They come and go very quickly. Maybe 10m will open up today first time I have had the chance to play on the radio since Thanksgiving

kj4unx

Hearing a few nets from the southeast coming into Wyoming today. Can hear a few CW beacons. Haven't heard the beacon from Georgia on 28.425 yet today.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.