• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

10 Meters!

Al n3izr

Apr 28, 2013
Hello seems we don't see a lot of QSO
on ten meters unless its a contest But
I get on a lot and I'm seeing far to many
unlicensed Mexican cb radios on. I feel that
we need to get some licensed nets going
on 28.4 and down maybe some one get
the hit that they're not welcome !
:bdh:

Reactions: 1 person

I doubt if an 'unwelcome' feeling will be felt by anyone. By all means start a net or two, but don't hold your breath.
- 'Doc

No offence to anyone....but where I am 10 meters stays totally dead....I check several times a day from morning to evening when I am home to do so

You need a better antenna. :D Generally the further north you go the worse the higher bands are. 6m opens all the time in the south but rarely here except during the summer Es season. I am just running an 80m doublet with 450 ohm ladder line and a remote tuner and I don't spend much time of the radio and yet I find 10m is open fairly often. not great signals mind you but open often.

No offence to anyone....but where I am 10 meters stays totally dead....I check several times a day from morning to evening when I am home to do so

gee, I dunno. I'm only about 200 miles from you (EM55) and yesterday I worked Europe/Africa most of the day.

in the afternoon I worked Hawaii, the TX5O Dxpedition, and New Zealand.

all on phone.

its 8AM (local) now and I'm hearing CT1's & G8's loud,.................. good luck

em48sd 2 miles from em47sx

Im on from 1600z till 0000z and py2yy and buddies get in there and dont ask if freqs in use.And the ones that get in there are harassed.I think its a losing cause.I run the 10-10 net on 28.800usb every Saturday,and rarely hear someone,but the bands are going west.Hope not to hear South and central America much longer.73 de n0zna Late note,the ones on 28.395 and 28385am are really bad. Forgot,the echoooo and r-beep.

I like 10 meters, when I was tech it was working DX on 10 that pushed me to get my general ticket. Most of the time 10 is dead here but a month or so ago I was helping a friend who is a tech get on 10. We were working 28.400 and just chatting, there were no other signal as the band was quiet. When we signed a station in Europe came on and called me. I had no idea the band was open. We chatted for about 15 minutes and even my friend was able to work him. Moral? Sometime it helps just to call CQ.

Reactions: 2 people
I run the 10-10 net on 28.800usb every Saturday,and rarely hear someone,but the bands are going west

What time on Sat? I'll have to keep my radio on.

Oh yeah....10 was hopping yesterday. I made 4 or 5 contacts easy on 10.

Yep and the one that call cq all the time catch hell from others...look at 28.425usb

Time to bury that dead horse and stop beating it. :bdh: Get over the mess your buddy Todd got himself into. It was never about the time spent on any one freq. calling CQ. It was all about the sheer ignorance displayed by him when people answered his CQ and were deemed "not worthy" of a contact with him because of the lack of a stupid number. I honestly cannot see why you find that so hard to understand. Perhaps next time it can be typed out in crayon to make it easier for you.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated