• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

10 tube D&A Phantom watts

i run 10 Phantom drive mine with RCI2970 for two years now with linear under the RCI on i put a switch too turn mine off an of makes 1500 to 1700 watts with it off around 900 too 1000 watts love it yes

guy your full of it i truck drive 18 years an run base linears an pill type linears an dont tell people a 500 watts is better then a 1000 watts cause at a truck stop i ran a 667 Texas star an busted everyone out there cause most yoyos only had a 250 or 350 watts i always smoke there ass an if i was beside your house an you ran 500 watts an me 1000 they would here ONLY ME HEEHAW

guy your full of it i truck drive 18 years an run base linears an pill type linears an dont tell people a 500 watts is better then a 1000 watts cause at a truck stop i ran a 667 Texas star an busted everyone out there cause most yoyos only had a 250 or 350 watts i always smoke there ass an if i was beside your house an you ran 500 watts an me 1000 they would here ONLY ME HEEHAW

Dayum Driver,...... where did ya larn to spell like dat?

BTW, go ahead and park under my antenna,.... the only one you (or anyone else) will hear is me<More audio>

600w into a 1/4wave whip on my car parked in my yard can't compete with a couple of hundred watts into my i-10k mounted just 20feet higher,
the base antenna has far too much of an advantage over surrounding obstructions.

I'm guessing he didn't notice that the alternators with the right pulleys on them won't make any more output at the 10,000 RPM it sounded like he revved it to than it would at 4000 RPMs. I don't care what kind of motor was under the hood, it was obviously grossly over revved.

Reactions: 357magnum and W4KVW
i run 10 Phantom drive mine with RCI2970 for two years now with linear under the RCI on i put a switch too turn mine off an of makes 1500 to 1700 watts with it off around 900 too 1000 watts love it yes

This thing called Physics says those are IMPOSSIBLE numbers.The power supply, tubes,& other components will NOT allow such numbers.Disagree if you like but Physics does NOT lie & it does not care who you are.I know this is an old thread but I just laughed out loud when I read that post.If it did half of that most of the signal would be on 6 meters or somewhere other than 11 meters.I owned 10 & 12 tube Phantoms for years in Grey & Tan models & most did 600 on a good day with my TRAM D201 Hand Wired & that was PEP watts.The 10 tube models always did more right out of the box because of the design unless you modified the 12 tube models & the way the drive tubes were used.What brand of feel good wattmeter were you using back then? Must have been a garbage Dosy, PDC,Astatic or some other CB meter without a true PEP circuit in it so that meter just bounced all over the place. LOL Thanks for the laugh it felt good. {:>)

SIX-SHOOTER

Reactions: Captain Kilowatt
Other than some of the wattage outputs ( let's just say I find amusing ) Back to reality I ran one for years with my 2k and soon learned the $ of 6lq6's from " Pushing " it too hard . It just seems that tube comes back to haunt me in some of my old glass amps .:whistle::D

Reactions: Staybolt
You act about as smart as a dog turd..

Reactions: 357magnum

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.