• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

102” whip shipping

Nearest RS to me is 37 miles away. Radio Shack Express...little store within a hobby store. Never been there.

Supposedly a regular RS store 44 miles away. Used to be two here, then one, then none.

Local CB shop at truck stop on I-85 doesn't stock the steel whips any longer. Doesn't want to pay the shipping cost even for several at a time.

I think they've got a Radio Shack "section" set up in a little house alarm company near here, and that's about it. Local CB shop closed years ago.

Then again, the whip is still the most popular antenna among hunters here (at least those still using CBs). I figure there's probably a source somewhere that I don't know about.

Nearest RS to me is 37 miles away. Radio Shack Express...little store within a hobby store. Never been there.

Supposedly a regular RS store 44 miles away. Used to be two here, then one, then none.

Local CB shop at truck stop on I-85 doesn't stock the steel whips any longer. Doesn't want to pay the shipping cost even for several at a time.

I think I paid $60 or so for the two $25 DX-E whips with tax & shipping. Figured it wasn’t ever going to get cheaper.

Reactions: S&W357 and 2NC995

Ray’s Electronic Supply
1032 Elk Spur St
Elkin, NC

X82 IH77

Seen it recommended a few times.
An amp builder

From where I live inFort Worth I consider the 40-miles to ol’ Gandalf or 77-miles to Larry’s CB to be close. It’s metro highways the whole trip.

Reactions: S&W357
Ray’s Electronic Supply
1032 Elk Spur St
Elkin, NC

X82 IH77

Seen it recommended a few times.
An amp builder

From where I live inFort Worth I consider the 40-miles to ol’ Gandalf or 77-miles to Larry’s CB to be close. It’s metro highways the whole trip.

Ever go to Kilgore’s in Ft Worth? Old fella who I hear does great work.
5136 Mansfield Hwy

Reactions: Slowmover

Delivery - -
-

Current Event In Transit 05/26/2020 3:48 P.M. Columbus, OH, United States
Arrival Scan

05/26/2020 4:48 A.M. Atlanta, GA, United States Departure Scan

05/25/2020 5:15 P.M. Atlanta, GA, United States Origin Scan

05/25/2020 5:30 A.M. Macon, GA, United States Package is in transit to a UPS facility
Past Event Label Created 05/25/2020 8:36 A.M. United States
Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Reactions: 2NC995
Ever go to Kilgore’s in Ft Worth? Old fella who I hear does great work.
5136 Mansfield Hwy

I grew up in Mansfield to the 4th grade, and I have many fond memories of those days.

i hated it...when we moved to Houston. No more fresh air and sweet water.

Reactions: Slowmover

That’s because unless the wholesaler fudges on the length of the package when they fill out the info to get the label printed, the shipping will be more than an entire 6 pack of whips. And that shipping cost is about $100 because it’s over 96”, I believe I’m quoting my sales rep correctly here.

They can fudge, and it might get through and to us retailers but if it doesn’t, it gets returned OR they get charged the additional postage. If they’ve charged me $25 to ship them and then they get charged an additional $75 bucks...

Reactions: S&W357
You’re already having better luck than me...haha. But I won’t complain.

Curious if yours also comes in a massively oversized box.

I'll let you know. I've had them come in PVC pipe before. I'm hoping how that's how it is. Reviews have been mentioning boxes, though.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.