• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

102" whip vs the rest

Sometimes I mount my 102 ss whip on top of my old extended cab pickup dead center using a triple mag mount, heavy duty barrel spring and a tram quick disconnect. That's what I use sometimes when I'm parked to DX. In that configuration I get a 1.1 match all away across the 27 meter band. I just don't like to drive around like that because I hit pert'near everything. But, it works great.

Reactions: whiteastro
Sometimes I mount my 102 ss whip on top of my old extended cab pickup dead center using a triple mag mount, heavy duty barrel spring and a tram quick disconnect. That's what I use sometimes when I'm parked to DX. In that configuration I get a 1.1 match all away across the 27 meter band. I just don't like to drive around like that because I hit pert'near everything. But, it works great.
How many watts? Any damage to the paint under those three magnets?

Reactions: Groundhog KSS-2012
That's great that you can talk DX with a two-watt dead-key and 120 watts PEP. Or is it 120 watts average?
Not sure what ya call it but, it swings, forward modulates forward between 100 to 120 watts or so.
I don't know if that's "PEP", or not.
I ain't real smart. Hahaha
Not real sure what PEP is.

I just don't like to drive around like that because I hit pert'near everything. But, it works great.
Yeah I had 102" whip back in the 70s on a Volks Wagon and had trouble smacking things. Would never have another unless it was a permanent stationary antenna. Of coarse that is just my opinion. LOL OH yes and center of the roof.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.