• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

I turned on my radio and heard some odd chatter on 19 that didn't sound local. Turned to 38L and called out. I got some response out of S. Cal and Arizona. Wish it could happen more often. Maybe as this new sunspot cycle progresses that will happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheRATT
I turned on my radio and heard some odd chatter on 19 that didn't sound local. Turned to 38L and called out. I got some response out of S. Cal and Arizona. Wish it could happen more often. Maybe as this new sunspot cycle progresses the will happen.

Hearing a little chatter way back in there today, but nothing I can make out. Finally wired up My Turner +3 to my Washington...hoping to try it out!

Yeah I really like the Turner +3 I have. It is connected up to my Bearcat 980. Even when running stock power I can do some pretty good DX work. If I turn on my amp I can do some really nice DX. Well when mother nature lets me anyway. The Turner beats the pants off of my stock mic.

Hearing a little chatter way back in there today, but nothing I can make out. Finally wired up My Turner +3 to my Washington...hoping to try it out!

You're going to like the Turner Plus Three on your Washington. I use the same Turner on my Uniden Washington....always get good audio reports...LOUD & CLEAR.

414344092.jpg

I didn't have any problems with my 4 to 6 pin adaptor. Different radio different results I guess.

I've had a ton of mics plugged into the Lincoln via adaptor, and most seem to work fine with it...but both the +2 and +3 had issues with changing the freq.

Woody tested his for me and had no issue with same mic and radio...so probably something on my end. The only other mic that did that is the RD104.

Reactions: Slowmover
11m here in So California was popping this afternoon. “The Judge” out of Altadena was coming in like he was sitting in my truck!! He said he was running barefoot today but I have to disagree. He might have come to think of it. He must have some antenna and being in the foothills all that TX going all over the LA basin.

Reactions: TheRATT

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.