• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

.24 hr Summary...
Solar activity was very low, and the visible disk was spotless.
No Earth-directed CMEs were observed in available satellite imagery.

.Forecast...
Solar activity is expected to remain very low on 03-05
latest_1024_0131.jpg

Looks like they died (spots) before they got around:(

Still trying to find a decent rotor cheap ! :whistle: Tripod is up , 27-4 is easy to setup , just afraid to use that brand new Ar 20 I found , no brakes ! It works wired it to my cheapo box yesterday . But Ham Fest on my end is a few months away . Think I might go w/ that for now & take my chances . Yes ! I know it's not a smart move , but I want to use my Beam ! ;)

just afraid to use that brand new Ar 20 I found, no brakes!

http://radiomanual.info/schemi/ACC_rotator/CDE_AR-20_user_IK1TCF.pdf
Might make it till you get something better, Leo, be close.
Most certainly need a thurst bearing or pillow block at the top of Tri-pod.
I would suggest for permanent duty at least a HAM III or IV and a top bearing.

Algonquin ARC Flea Market, Marlborough, February 15, 2020
Whitcomb School, 25 Union St., Marlborough, MA.

https://www.qsl.net/w2vtm/hamfest.html

Reactions: 357magnum
HD-73 Rebuilt Rotor & Control Box Alli
Alliance dual-speed HD-73 rotor, control box, mast clamp and manual. Complete rebuild, New bearings, greased and most stainless steel bolts/washers replaced. Anti-seize applied on threads of dissimilar metals. Covers cleaned, blasted and repainted. The meter movement is smooth. Can handle up to 10.7 sq feet of wind load. Mast size up to 2.5" OD. I have pics of the re-build, just ask. $235 + shipping. If interested or want to see more pics call Dave at 301 233-0910 Thanks, N3EJT
COLLEGE PARK, MD 20740-3035
Leo: DAMN NICE Rotor... I had one in service for like 20 years...extremely under rated
https://swap.qth.com/view_photo.php?counter=1479082

I had one on my 54-foot free-standing tower:
Turned a 3 Element MOSLEY full-size Tri-Bander (18-foot boom/33 foot elements) :ROFLMAO:+Stacked 15 element 2-meter beams and had a 5/8th 10m ground plane on top @80 feet:love::LOL:
Truly and underrated rotor...all parts still available from NORM's Rotor service

Bj , (y) One of my locals picked up the complete " Twister 2 " setup @ Ham fest up north from me last Spring/Summer for $85 ! Just hoping I get that lucky , I got told " Again " yesterday by locals I'm going with we need to get there early Friday Am , that's when you get the " Good Stuff " , must say I'm looking forward to it , never been to one before @ 66 years old ! :D I was going to use a Thrust Bearing , found 5 new ones in cosmoline when cleaning Dee's Dad's house , if correct the same one's I used in the Tripod for his MR-6 when I got smart & recessed his rotor . Believe it or not this was way before the internet & no WWDX for help . Just thought a bit on it & said , " Yup this will work " ! :ROFLMAO: Thanks for the input , like others on here , I know I can count on you for help ! Much appreciated ! :) 73 , Leo

Last edited:
Reactions: S&W357 and WECSOG
Still trying to find a decent rotor cheap ! :whistle: Tripod is up , 27-4 is easy to setup , just afraid to use that brand new Ar 20 I found , no brakes ! It works wired it to my cheapo box yesterday . But Ham Fest on my end is a few months away . Think I might go w/ that for now & take my chances . Yes ! I know it's not a smart move , but I want to use my Beam ! ;)
I used the AR on a three element for years, yep no brakes, once in a while I would re-calibrate it, not an issue, the motor was never damaged though. I now use the 27-4 also(not on the AR but it would work I am sure), , been up a couple of months,it rocks on the distant S America stations, bit noisy but that more than likely is its close to a huge transformer near the Highway , you can watch the noise level drop as antenna is pointed away from the transformer and out over the ocean. Good luck, hoping for band openings. 73's
Ocean One Cape Hatteras

Bj , (y) One of my locals picked up the complete " Twister 2 " setup @ Ham fest up north from me last Sping/Summer for $85 ! Just hoping I get that lucky , I got told " Again " yesterday by locals I'm going with we need to get there early Friday Am , that's when you get the " Good Stuff " , must say I'm looking forward to it , never been to one before @ 66 years old ! :D I was going to use a Thrust Bearing , find 5 new ones in cosmoline when cleaning Dee's Dad's house , if correct the same one's I used in the Tripod for his MR-6 when I got smart & recessed his rotor . Believe it or not this was way before the internet & no WWDX for help . Just thought a bit on it & said , " Yup this will work " ! :ROFLMAO: Thanks for the input , like others on here , I know I can count on you for help ! Much appreciated ! :) 73 , Leo
Are you going to the big one in May, Leo?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.