• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Unfortunately we have a HUGE a$$-hole ham operator(Matt Bohl W7ZFG) in Phoenix now running about 1500 watts + on 38LSB and on AM channel 19 raising hell and causing problems and jamming the frequencies, playing music and all sorts of crap ! He got into it with me and now raises hell every night, he's close to me so it's a problem so I just go to another channel, but I have a feeling people are going to get tired of this mental midget, who by the way is an ex convict for drug and other offenses, and people are going to take matters into their own hands because Lord knows the FCC won't do anything about this idiot !

Reactions: Rwb and 2NC995
Unfortunately we have a HUGE a$$-hole ham operator(Matt Bohl W7ZFG) in Phoenix now running about 1500 watts + on 38LSB and on AM channel 19 raising hell and causing problems and jamming the frequencies, playing music and all sorts of crap ! He got into it with me and now raises hell every night, he's close to me so it's a problem so I just go to another channel, but I have a feeling people are going to get tired of this mental midget, who by the way is an ex convict for drug and other offenses, and people are going to take matters into their own hands because Lord knows the FCC won't do anything about this idiot !

I don't even care how many watts one runs, but I wish they would keep it on one channel so that I can operate elsewhere.

I have a few local truck drivers that are like this. Way overmodulated and run power whether they need it or not. They sound like total garbage (and continuously compliment each other). Actually funny, because you can tell they often don't understand one another and just say, "uh-huh" when asked questions that require more than a yes/no answer.

And yesterday I had bleed over from 27025 wipe out my RX across the entire frequency range of my radio. Literally S9 everywhere. It was very frustrating.

I'll be the first to admit that I didn't use to understand it, and maybe I didn't even care back then, but now I see what these screwdrivered radios with multiple kilowatts of power do to the band.

Ok....done ranting.

Reactions: S&W357 and Rwb
In other news...there was a very nice opening again today for anyone that didn't catch it. I didn't listen at all on 27385, but I imagine it was open as I heard several other stations working South America, including Florida, Texas, Alabama and Western NC. Somehow I was lucky enough to work the 201 division again. This time Camille, 201AT102; a very easy copy with a steady 5/5 on my end.

I was listening to 38 LSB between 2:00 and 3:00P.M eastern. I was anchored at a barrier island just inside of the Gulf of Mexico. My Cherokee AH100 SSB walkie-talkie had its 4', Radio Shack, center-loaded antenna fully extended. Sounds like a joke, but this little rig has worked a good portion of the U.S.

A couple of Texas stations could be heard. There was also a station out of Trinidad and Tobago that was working U.S. stations. I made a few shout outs, but no one came back.

It was definitely not a strong skip day this way. Nevertheless, skip has been out there 2 of the last 3 days after over a month of dead zero activity.

It is booming in on LSB 38 right now. The pile up on LSB 38 is there in all of its glory. I just spoke to Tennessee, Kentucky and Ohio on LSB 39 using my untweaked and totally barefoot Uniden PC 122 and my A99. For the moment, the skip gods are smiling upon us.

I tried LSB 16, too, but there was nothing going on there.

This is your time to be heard!

Reactions: Rwb and WECSOG

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.