• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

DX running here but an absolute train wreck on 38. Was able to make contact with two stations in Louisiana and one in Mississippi.

Went elsewhere and heard lots of stations on USB but I don’t understand their language.

One guy did come back to me. He was continually repeating my number and adding “Venezuela”

like....”2 November Charlie 357 Venezuela” again, again, etc. o_O Whatever else he said I dunno.

Does anyone know if USB 30 has some greater importance in latin America.

Friday I wasn't hearing much in the way of domestic (U.S. based) skip. In fact, the band was almost completely dead. However, there was a steady flow of traffic on USB 30 in Spanish. The accents sounded either Mexican or from one of the central American countries. I was caught pretty off guard to be picking these guys up pretty consistently while the rest of the CB band was dead.

It is not the first time I've picked up latin American on USB or LSB 30. A few years back, I was listening to a station in Spain speaking to a station in Argentina on USB 30.

Only on the bowl this morning but really weak. Maybe I'll make some adjustments on the dipole and on the mast this afternoon.

Time to “borrow” that bucket truck from the yard next to the truck lot where y’all park.

And with that last lame pitch of wit, time to go outside and pull the doorsill on the Pete.

This thread to blame.

Reactions: Eldorado828
All my QSOs on 11 are in English. Don’t have a choice...it’s all I know aside from some rusty Arabic.

With propagation the way its been, it is pretty helpful to at least know numbers 0-9 in Spanish. Some stations aren’t expecting propagation outside their region and if you can at least pick out the division numbers you might make a rare contact.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated