• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Dan...Winds and rain came through here last night with some lightning. It started building up late afternoon but strongest part of storm was in the hours between 1:00 - 6:00 this morning.

it was a big slow moving storm

Reactions: 2NC995
Dan...Winds and rain came through here last night with some lightning. It started building up late afternoon but strongest part of storm was in the hours between 1:00 - 6:00 this morning.

it was a big slow moving storm

Ahhh….ok. I'm not really tracking on how fast this is moving. They're calling for 1.5" up to 4" of rain here. Probably not catastrophic, we get that and then some during the hurricanes. Then again, some still have blue tarps on roofs from Florence in '18.

4F6203DD-38EA-41BA-8900-AD1099B64819.jpeg

That bend in the Francis antenna ain’t just from running 70-mph. That’s tooling up US-287 (looks like) on a typical day towards where it gets (very) windy on the Llano Estacado. Still a fair altitude climb to Amarillo. Where seeing 26-miles across flat landscape is nothing remarkable.

This is that mild stuff likely near Rivermans place. (Or, could be I’m south of Lubbock on US-84; can’t recall).

West Texas: where old folks don’t leave their houses in spring.

Someone comes picks them up and parks in their attached garage to do that. (That’s in trying to avoid a house call by undertaker).

The antenna would’ve snapped off it it weren’t braced by mirror head & arm.

Can’t help but laugh. I recognize area. Too fast for conditions. If he’d taken 3-minutes to slide the tandems all the way back and run slower he still would’ve gotten to the shipper on time.

That wasn’t the only gust he corrected for.

But, ho no! He have much chrome . . . the chicken lights.
Beeeg truck!! Eees ex-Werner Pete! Eleven Liter Detroit!
Ten Speed!

Ha!

Shoulda heard the pair of maroons I caught up with near Brinkley, AR and their whining about IH80 across Wyoming.

Fathers must have gone extinct to see and hear the type.

Can’t help but laugh. I recognize area. Too fast for conditions. If he’d taken 3-minutes to slide the tandems all the way back and run slower he still would’ve gotten to the shipper on time.

That wasn’t the only gust he corrected for.

But, ho no! He have much chrome . . . the chicken lights.
Beeeg truck!! Eees ex-Werner Pete! Eleven Liter Detroit!
Ten Speed!

Ha!

Shoulda heard the pair of maroons I caught up with near Brinkley, AR and their whining about IH80 across Wyoming.

Fathers must have gone extinct to see and hear the type.

You left out “large car”... just sayin’

Reactions: Slowmover

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.