• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

got no problem with any operator who waves a hand or calls cqdx, communication styles vary quite a bit across the 40, lsb and above 27400 a little ediqute is nice to hear, proper cq call with qsy goes a long way with professional sounding station , I want to be a respectful operator, I feel sorry for that poor drunk sob whining about politics and life In general , wish he would keep it on AM, radio hobby is full of a$$holes and some pretty nice people, eventually the drunk will stop when he doesn't get a response, the channel selector is right at your finger tips

Last edited:
I had my transmitter on Chanel 8 volume way up and sqeched up. Wanting the local log truck drivers to wake me up. The call came loud and clear. I looked at the time.It was 1:15 am. Dog gone skip comingin. I made contact with a station 50 mile above Spokan Washinton. I am in Northern Ca. I was able to talk about 45 min. Loud and clear. Last contact wasover a year ago. It was a nice visit

I had my transmitter on Chanel 8 volume way up and sqeched up. Wanting the local log truck drivers to wake me up. The call came loud and clear. I looked at the time.It was 1:15 am. Dog gone skip comingin. I made contact with a station 50 mile above Spokan Washinton. I am in Northern Ca. I was able to talk about 45 min. Loud and clear. Last contact wasover a year ago. It was a nice visit
I probably know that operator you talked to. I used to live in Ione wa about 80 miles north. Ill make a guess and say this guy was in Colville or Newport maybe? You get a handle or call number?

But that doesn't seem to stop you from trying (y)
Haha, I talk to everyone. No matter what the style. Its all about making the contact for me. I do try to talk the way the others are on the channel, but if someone is talking a different way it doesn't stop me from replying. Above all, I will be courteous and respectful. I usually ask about the weather or something else that is not politics or religion. I will make mention of something I have been doing on my end, like working on an amplifier or mowing the grass and trimming the trees. Then in closing I will tell them to stay safe and wash their hands, or something along those lines.

17 miles Southwest of Fort Smith,Arkansas, a spot in the road called Cameron, Oklahoma.
i know where that is. We loaded some scrap metal up back when i pulled yaffee trailers n hauled it into ft smith at yaffee. Seems like we went south n west of cameron not too far. Been 18 years ago.you are bout 2.5 hour drive from me

And on 10 meters 28.4125 usb we got QC QC VICTOR CHARLIE FOXTROT over n over.dang recording.wonder why fcc never gets him? Keeps calling frequiny tied up

Reactions: tecnicoloco
17 miles Southwest of Fort Smith,Arkansas, a spot in the road called Cameron, Oklahoma.

Hoo, Boy . . . that is, waaay back in the woods. Did you know that in the rest of America we have hot & cold running water at the kitchen sink by just turning a valve?

I once ran a load of barite up that way out of Corpus Christi. Took a right turn at McAlester. And got onto the slowest damned roads in Mans history. Wilburton, maybe. Took forever.

Ever damn pokey car in three counties got out ahead of me. I swear it was 25-mph all the way in and then back out. Slow winding roads and slower cars. And I wasn’t in a hurry, but . . . .

No more right turns at McAlester.

(I think you live in a great place. Pay no attention to that man behind the microphone).

Hoo, Boy . . . that is, waaay back in the woods. Did you know that in the rest of America we have hot & cold running water at the kitchen sink by just turning a valve?

I once ran a load of barite up that way out of Corpus Christi. Took a right turn at McAlester. And got onto the slowest damned roads in Mans history. Wilburton, maybe. Took forever.

Ever damn pokey car in three counties got out ahead of me. I swear it was 25-mph all the way in and then back out. Slow winding roads and slower cars. And I wasn’t in a hurry, but . . . .

No more right turns at McAlester.

(I think you live in a great place. Pay no attention to that man behind the microphone).

I know what you mean, anytime I have an appointment or someplace to be at a certain time, I always get behind a car going 25 miles an hour with 15 cars behind him. My wife has family in Wilburton, her Uncle Jerry had a car lot there, better have the cops run the vin# before you buy. And if you didn't want a car he could hook you up with some stuff that would let you drive that truck for the next 6 days without sleep. Her family are a bunch of outlaws, took me forever to break her from stealing from every motel we stay in.

Last edited:
On/Off....talked to one guy in FL on .375 LSB.

Some annoying jerk on .385 LSB trying to provoke someone into an argument.

Called for a local friend on .305 AM. A guy in Arkansas replied to me instead.

Reactions: Rwb

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.