• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

No I think this is normal.
My theory is at any given moment there are 1000 guys around the county just parked on 38LSB or on 19 over the road. They never bother to speak. Just a bunch of people waiting for some else to key 1st and then no one ever keys. And then we all get on the internet and say how radio is dead :confused:
Same way on 2meters "52". I hear nothing for weeks. Then drop my call and get all sorts of people.
Where I used to live there was a pretty big simplex group on 2meters that was at least a decade old. It was all started by this guy who just got on the air every night and basically talked to himself about what he had for dinner or the weather. Eventually someone came back and then someone else joined in and it snowballed from there.

Activity spawns more activity.
Sandbaggers...

Reactions: Rwb
.24 hr Summary...
Solar activity remained very low throughout the period.
Region 2774
(S24, L=312) decayed to plage this period.
Region 2775 (S23W11,
Bxo/beta) exhibited slight penumbal decay on both poles.
No Earth-directed CMEs were observed in available satellite imagery.

.Forecast...
Very low solar activity is expected on 12-14 Oct.

https://www.solarham.net/dsd.htm

Reactions: Rwb and S&W357
solar101pic.php

Reactions: Rwb and S&W357
That's the Highest MUF in about a month!!!(y)
These spots have shown no real activity since they came into view.
These however, look to be Cycle 25 spots...:whistle:
We need to see numbers approaching the 50's (high point now 24 and decaying)and Solar Flux in the 90's... before anything worth getting excited about.

Short Version of the Above: Central Tennessee cannot be heard SKIP. (Not the truck wash at IH40 X126 nor Exit 87 BBQ).

Badges? What badges? We don’t need no stinkin’ (lab) badges (to know they’re aint no skip).

As this is where I’m sitting (X87), it’s Pure D verified

Reactions: Rwb and Unit 75
Shoulda been riding with us down The Funnel (Memphis to Little Rock) AKA IH40.

The Revelation of St John, The Divine

was all too apropos this afternoon. No one dropped the ball.

About 1/2 a week ago there was this guy preaching on one of the channels. Was a trip to hear church stuff instead of the potty mouths.

Reactions: Rwb and Slowmover
That radio sounds great!!
Yes I am very happy with it. It has great ears and the build quality seems top notch. Great gateway drug in to SSB.
This is a company owned ride so I don't wan't to get to crazy with installing stuff. Its already got tons of other electronics stuff hacked in for my job, It burns I don't want to get the finger pointed at my stuff lol

My Jeep is another story though. I plan on putting a respectable setup in there. I have been lurking in your big truck thread. Thanks for documenting your battles with RFI. My JK jeep is an electrically noisy piece but I'll bet its nothing like what is going on in a modern big truck.

Reactions: Rwb and Slowmover

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.