• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Lots of talk thru and across the eastern New Mexico plateau on IH40 via AM-19 last night thru today. Snow and almost ice. Got south of the ‘dillo towards FTW onto US-287 and with “weather” turned to just rain . . . it got quiet again.

Sunday never is much of a day for chat.
No impressively stupid accidents didn’t help, either.

Got my inverted V dipole up to about 27 ft. in an oak tree, and skip was great here all morning here in NC. Most was coming from the northeast, and my dipole ends are pointed north, and I was still talking and receiving good. Going to get it up about 50 feet in the next few days. Friend of mine has a slingshot with fishing reel attached!

Reactions: Crawdad and S&W357
With a balun and 20' to the feed point. Fiberglass pole sections. Seems to work pretty good on DX if in the right radiating directions.

Some times the A99 works better.

upload_2021-1-16_12-58-37.jpeg

Took a flat top lazy V dipole down in another spot to have a tree removed. Center point and each end are at same elevation but in a boomerang shape for no reason other than easy mounting points...I'll put it back up in a week or two. It worked great also.

upload_2021-1-16_12-59-25.jpeg

Last edited:
Here's a cut & paste from an email I just received. Some of you guys will remember him. RedBeard U812 a former member here on the forum.

I never heard a Texas station this morning but I guess that inverted V was makin the one way trip.

Ralph,
I hear you down here in Texas. You sure made the trip down here clear as hell. I'm still on my Starbuster 102" Homebrew. Have a quad but haven't gotten it up. Things dropped off after 11:00 here.

Respectfully,

John D. Stephens
U812 South Texas

Very regionally specific propagation yesterday.

I picked up a lot of Texas stations yesterday. A QSO between several San Antonio stations was clogging up LSB38 for a while. 1202 outside of Dallas and I were able to make contact. A couple of stations in Cincinnati also cut through.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.