• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Very regionally specific propagation yesterday.

I picked up a lot of Texas stations yesterday. A QSO between several San Antonio stations was clogging up LSB38 for a while. 1202 outside of Dallas and I were able to make contact. A couple of stations in Cincinnati also cut through.

Yeah, I'm local to the San Antonio area, lots of locals use 38lsb as just a ragchew channel

Reactions: S&W357
Made some good contacts up North yesterday on 38 LSB around lunch time. MI, ID,IN, Canada, PA... Made contact with a guy on 28, can't remember his handle, it was watt something I believe. Good sounding radio though.
*edit to add*
The 99V2 is awesome. Fine and coarse clarifier had to be set at 11-1130 but everyone was on freq and I was to them. @Slowmover I used your echo setting recommendation and was told I was one of the best sounding rigs heard so far that day.

Last edited:
Yesterday morning around 9:00 am here in NC, I heard a couple people talking on channel 31 AM that I have never heard. Was on my inverted V dipole and barefoot radio doing about 4 watts average. Keyed up to say hello, and found out they were in New Hampshire. Talked to a few people in TX barefoot too.

The dipole is an amazing antenna! The contacts were off the ends of the dipole and not broadside. It's up about 27 feet now, and I am working on getting it to around 40 feet above ground.

skip rolls when im busy or i get in big truck skip dies out

38 LSB: Spoke with 111 up north today while driving home. Couldn't log it while driving and forgot where he was from by the time I got home. Made about 4 contacts on the short drive. This was around 1500 hrs.

There was a fair amount of activity yesterday. 360 in No. Carolina was having his way on LSB 38 for quite a while. But it has become more common for me to have success from down here in reaching the northern parts of Florida. I managed to connect with 514 in Panama City, 943 in Panama City Beach and 113 in Pensacola. Quite a few Atlanta and north Georgia stations also were making the trip.

Interesting day with lots of short hop skip.

38 LSB is busy. 360 NC had be cleanest sounding radio I heard. Apparently we were tuned perfectly to each other because we had zero issue talking over the beehive. Most contacts were from FL to Illinois so I guess pretty much the eastern coast area.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.