• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Another good SSB DX day thus far. Talked to forum member r carl aka "200 Nebraska". His Washington radio & Penetrator 5/8 were sounding great (y)

QSO's in Iowa, New York, Jamaica, Ontario, Nebraska, California, Kentucky
I came in the house for a break from snowblowing the 15" of snow we got and turned on the radio to hear if anything was happening and to my shock I hear Ralph :). I called him and no reply so I turned on my KL203 and then he heard me. His anytone 6666 was getting out good. Didn't talk long as there was a lot of noise, traffic and someone singing for some reason. :LOL:

Beats my having to listen to maroons on AM-19 a few hours this morning.

79 other places to go show off. But Great Lakes Jake and a few others ruin the trucker channel when Skip comes a’rollin’.

I didn’t have any hours without snowplows today. The major accident I missed hearing about was in the opposite direction of IH-44 MO.

Swirling in the bowl, the aptly-named “jakes”

Beats my having to listen to maroons on AM-19 a few hours this morning.

79 other places to go show off. But Great Lakes Jake and a few others ruin the trucker channel when Skip comes a’rollin’.

I didn’t have any hours without snowplows today. The major accident I missed hearing about was in the opposite direction of IH-44 MO.

Swirling in the bowl, the aptly-named “jakes”
Wasn't that great today? I wantedto smash my radio a couple of times! JD

Man multiple days in a row, that’s awesome. I had minor surgery today so missed the skip but hopefully I’ll be back at it this weekend. We had such a long spell with no DX so just loving the consistency. Got compliments on 6 and 38 yesterday with the McKinley in the mobile and heard a Lincoln 2+ on SSB that just sounded fantastic.

Haven't noticed many base station antennas, but in rural areas of Arkansas I've been seeing a lot more pickup trucks with mobile antennas lately.

I can’t swear to it, but in the 31-states I run: I agree. There do seem to be some more vehicles with probable CB antennas than I was seeing two (2) years ago.

In some states or in some regions distinctly more scanner & two-way on private vehicles. (SoCal and the DC area among others).

Ohio is (as always) where one sees more of everything radio-related.

I can’t swear to it, but in the 31-states I run: I agree. There do seem to be some more vehicles with probable CB antennas than I was seeing two (2) years ago.

In some states or in some regions distinctly more scanner & two-way on private vehicles. (SoCal and the DC area among others).

Ohio is (as always) where one sees more of everything radio-related.

I know in my neck of the woods, there seems to be a decent increase in mobile antennas. I've gotten 4 people into the hobby in the past 3 months myself. For some reason, keying up talking to NY impresses them to the point they wanna play, which I'm happy with. Yeah, I did explain that that's not an everyday thing and that I have some "help" under the rear seat.....which is their next investment.

There's a lot of folks knocking the dust off radios that haven't seen daylight in a long time and that's a good thing. True you can't reach London on demand like you can with a cell phone or internet. But you can reach quite a few people regionally when cell phones and internet don't work.

And no one in London any longer speaks anything but Urdu. So, there’s that.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.