• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Washington, Oregon, British Columbia, Idaho, Montana, South Dakota, Arizona, New Mexico, North Carolina, and more, there was a pile up on SSB a mile high.
Don't know if it will last into the evening but it might be good for grey-line tonite.
Have fun guys.

Jeff
I was getting Washington state towards mid day...
Conditions are in right now... Jamaica is booming in on 27.515LSB as I type this.... I'm sand bagging on 385LSB.... 73's old friend..
CDX 501

Nice conditions for sure. I made my first ever contact to Ireland this morning to 119 Ed!! Also made it to Yorkshire England 1505 Mark again from the mobile with a 100 watts.
Talked to the northeast USA as well. A little Jamaica is all I have now.
You're sure doing a heck of a job with that boomerang!

I was getting Washington state towards mid day...
Conditions are in right now... Jamaica is booming in on 27.515LSB as I type this.... I'm sand bagging on 385LSB.... 73's old friend..
CDX 501

It is also blown open out here again, east coast to west coast is booming.
Look forward to hearing you in my radio, enjoy the DX.

Jeff

You're sure doing a heck of a job with that boomerang!

Actually today I was either mobile running my magnum s45 doing about 80 watts going to a 4 foot fiberglass antenna or using a 2 element beam a friend made for me. I have it set up redneck style at my mom's place down south of San Antonio. It is only about 15 feet high right now. Currently I have to spin the antenna manually. And am using the radio in the pea-cup to talk on.
I will probably sell my place in town and move there sometime soon. Then I will get that antenna up in the air with a rotor.

I was using that boomerang antenna when I made the dx trip down to Australia. Those antennas get a thumbs up from me for performance considering what it is.

I also finally made contact with 3AT 294 in Brazil, I had been trying for a few days.

Last edited:
From NE this afternoon. I was talking to Whiskey Walker today in Somerset, PA from my base in Washington, PA- Just south of Pittsburgh. It was base to base. 75 miles, that's is a bit far for my usual contacts. S6 incoming, clear with low level static on band.
I picked up the Chi Comm Cobra 29 from Goodwill for 12.99, mic included. 'Just got it back from Cobra CB Shop in Morgantown, WV this week. Gary put the tune on it. He's been around the shop since 1976. He tunes the 29s with the traditional swing mod installed. Gary's tunes always talk well and receive well. Cobra CB Shop has been in business at that location so long if you look it up online its listed as Cobra CB Shop and Television Repair.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated