• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Listening to 385 LSB this evening,man the conditions are really jumping tonight,sounds like bumblebee's from all the stations out there,made contact with 142 Arizona,453 news Brunswick Canada and 304 Chicago today,heard some Jamaica,but no dice,just standing by tonight and listening.............Hope all is well with everyone on this forum and God Bless you all!!!
AE#575

It’s nice to see more and more people coming back to the CB radio hobby. Yesterday Channel 19 was busy with interstate traffic I-70 and I-79 in Western Penna. A local CB radio guy, who must of been pretty popular back in the day, was back on the air. His handle was BJ and he kept announcing on Channel 19 if someone wanted to talk to him he was hanging out on Channel 22. I don’t think a lot of people remember him, because he kept announcing again and again on Channel 19 that he was using Channel 22.

IH-81 from east of Knoxville north to Winchester was busy on AM-19, and broken up by Skip thru the morning and early afternoon.

I started near Rising Fawn, GA, not far south of Chattanooga, TN. While it’s a busy truck route, — almost exactly South to North — radio talk seemed more than usual on today’s 550-miles just completed.

Last edited:
Still nobody local but I have been listening to DX from all over on channel 6. Good thing I spent so much on my amazing Astatic D104.. Looks great but cant use it,, nobody will listen (not talking about marriage,,, just lack of local CB-ers).
You would think with all the lockdowns and BS from covid more people would be on CB.... NO VAXX PASS,,, or is that because I am living in a commie part of the world right now ?

Reactions: Slowmover
Still nobody local but I have been listening to DX from all over on channel 6. Good thing I spent so much on my amazing Astatic D104.. Looks great but cant use it,, nobody will listen (not talking about marriage,,, just lack of local CB-ers).
You would think with all the lockdowns and BS from covid more people would be on CB.... NO VAXX PASS,,, or is that because I am living in a commie part of the world right now ?

Key that mike up and see what you get. Go to a less busy frequency. You gotta have a big hammer to get heard on da bowl.
Get a sideband radio, with a decent antenna and just a little heat, you will be heard when the dx is rolling. Might be some locals hanging out there.
That is where most of the guys around San Antonio hang out...

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.